Skip to main content
Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

Tue, Jul 21, 2020 12:00 AM

Having problems managing your budget?

Do you want to keep track of your spending and manage your money, but aren’t sure where to start? A budgeting or money management app might be just what you need. Those apps are designed for general personal budgeting, but each has something unique to offer. So, it helps to know which ones are designed for your needs. Let’s look at some of the budget apps for money management that you can use.

Wallythumbnail.jpg

If you're the type of person who wants to be as organised with tracking your personal expenses, then the totally free Wally app is for you. This app is for you if your previous attempts to manage and track expenses were abandoned within a month because you hated doing it. Through this app, you can take a photo of your receipts instead of manually logging your expenses.

Goodbudgetthumbnail (1).jpg

For basic household money management app, go with Goodbudget. It allows you to manually enter all your financial details from transactions to paychecks. You can even sync your account with a spouse and other household members to stay on track of all your bills and spending. This is the perfect option for couples who want to share their budgeting process together.

You Need a Budgetthumbnail (2).jpg

You Need a Budget, also known as YNAB, has a unique approach compared to other budgeting and money management apps. It doesn't let you create budgets around money you don't have. Instead, it forces you to live within the budget based on your actual income. It can also sync your bank accounts automatically, manually enter expenses, and includes debt payoff and goal tracking.

Spendeethumbnail (3).jpg

Are you looking for an aesthetically pleasing design budget and money management app? Then Spendee is what you are looking for. It tracks your money from your expenses and income either automatically through bank sync or manually. You also can create a budget for every category and provides an infographic to see your incomes and expenses at a glance.

Money Loverthumbnail (4).jpg

This is an all-round money managing app rather than a budgeting app. It keeps track of multiple bank accounts separately, tracks expenses & income, makes multiple budgets, and more features. Keep in mind that this is a free app, but with limitations. You will have to upgrade your free account to a premium one to get full access to all its features.

Those are some of the budget apps to help you in your money management, but ultimately the most important thing is that you have some sort of money-management system and allocate a time when doing this. It is important to keep track of your money to ensure that you’re on track for all of your financial goals.

Do you have any ideas to share on how you manage and track your budget and expenses? Share them in the comments below.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Responses

Paladin

Honored Advisor

• 

119 Messages

• 

20 Points

3 months ago

Consider https://www.fentury.com/

It is free and there are Android and Apple apps so expenses can be entered on the go. There is also a web version which is helpful for people like me with fat fingers. Fentury also allows transactions to be tracked by vendors/ outlets using the "@" function. Transactions can also be tagged using the "#" function. This makes it possible to track events/ trips.

Reports can then be created by:

1. Transaction categories

2. Vendors/ outlets

3. Trips/ events

Naturally, reports can be filtered by specify a date range or account.

The only complaint is that Fentury does not support receipt attachment. However, this can be easily done via a link to Google Photos or Google Doc.

For Google Photos:

1. Upload the documentation image

2. Create a sharing link

3. Include this link in Fentury

For Google Docs:

1. Add the documentation image to a Google Doc

2. Add a bookmark

3. Copy the bookmark link

4. Include this link in Fentury

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Paladin

Honored Advisor

• 

119 Messages

• 

20 Points

3 months ago

Most welcome @Carla_P 

Reach out if you want some tips. You should be able to import your Money Lover (BTW ... name sounds terrible). See this https://www.fentury.com/support/guides/accounts#import-from-app

Fentury also allows transactions to be exported. That way, one can use Google Sheets to further analyse, review data and using filters and pivots as required. Works well :-)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

3 months ago

Thanks for your suggestion, @PaladinFentury looks promising though, I might give it a try. Currently, I'm using Money Lover but if I liked Fentury I might make the switch. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started