X

183 Messages

• 

181 Points

Wed, Jun 23, 2021 9:20 AM

Starhub speed test website crashes chrome on android

It always happens when it tries to do a upload speed test.

Samsung internet browser can do that without any problems.

Using Samsung Galaxy S9

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

3 m ago

Hi @Xillvion, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Have you tried to clear the cache and cookies of your Chrome browser to see if the issue persists? 

183 Messages

• 

181 Points

@Carla_P After doing that, it works for the first run, but if I try to do it second time, it will crash.

Also, the speed test says I have lower download speed when doing it second time and it causes any running apps to force close.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

What about trying to uninstall and reinstall the app? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

183 Messages

• 

181 Points

@Carla_P I only have an option to disable it. Chrome is preinstalled on all android devices.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Oh right. You may also try to reboot your phone. Is this issue happening to other Android devices you have? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

183 Messages

• 

181 Points

@Carla_P Rebooting didnt help. I don't have another device to test on, but I believe it's an optimisation issue with the website. This could happen on low end devices as well.

Get Started

Get Started