S

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Wed, Dec 16, 2020 9:24 AM

Unhappy customer - Star cricket

Can you please explain how you can remove two channels from Star Hub TV (Star cricket and star cricket +) from your platform after I needed to opt in to these channels (and I believe pay a premium for) and only offer an alternative to take me to another subscription where I now have to pay an additional $70 per annum to obtain access to Hotstar  (a Starhub collaboration) with no reduction to my existing subscription.

This is extremely disappointing and in my opinion should not be legally allowed for you to force us to obtain content via another party by paying over and above what we signed up for.

Would love a response from you.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

10 m ago

Hi @Swissalps1, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! We are continuously refreshing our portfolio of content and services. This means we have to make hard choices and update our line-up from time to time. As such, Star Cricket, Star Bharat, StarPlus, STAR Gold, and Star Vijay channels will be discontinued on 31 January 2021. 

You may access content from Star Vijay, StarPlus and Star Bharat on the Hotstar app, which is available at no extra cost when you recontract to the new Indian+ from $15/month. With Indian+, you can continue to enjoy your favourite Indian channels from Sun TV, Sony Entertainment, Zee TV and more, as well as access to over 85,000 hours of Indian shows, movies and LIVE Cricket action on the Hotstar streaming service.

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Thanks for your response, but I do not see how the maths works when you say that there is no extra cost as long as you subscribe for $15/month on a platform that I am not on (That equals extra cost of $15/month if I am not mistaken!), nor do I want Indian + channels as I am not Indian.

1 Message

• 

1 Point

I would also like to add into this thread that Starhub has shown a clear lack of understanding. To assume that all cricket viewers are Indian and therefore wish to subscribe to the indian channels is outrageous. I would assume that they will focus on only Indian matches which is far as an Indian channel but no use for cricket viewers who would like to see other countries when they a playing

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

The cancellation by Starhub of channels that are under contract and then re-offering the same at a higher cost is an outright attempt to dupe customers and a breach of contract (fine print notwithstanding this is certainly breach of good faith). 

I have called Starhub 3 times asking for an explanation, and each time they have promised a supervisor will call back - and then nothing happens. Seems they have no answers or just don't care. 

Is anyone started/planning to take legal action against Starhub. Else I propose we start a class action against Starhub and take them to court on this. They need to be held accountable for their part of the contract!  Lets not standby and let Starhub take its customers for a ride!!  

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

I have had some people reach out to me suggesting that these cable services are regulated by IMDA - and that filing a complaint thru them would be the better option.   Just checking for any community views on this approach and/or if someone has already filed a complaint to IMDA? 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @niravp, we are genuinely sorry that we have not met your service expectations. Please send us your details to community@starhub.com so we could further assist you with your concern.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Senior Commentator

• 

8 Messages

• 

5 Points

7 m ago

Curious to know what has been the progress with this matter.  In similar vein, Starhub withdrew Fox channels from its Starhub TV platform a few weeks ago.  Amongst alternatives Starhub has offered are various packages which obviously attract additional cost, or migration to TV+ which will reset the contract period and therefore guarantee Starhub additional revenue stream.

Starhub should be taken to task for its practices which are usually labeled as having being taken for "commercial reasons", but it is apparent from their responses to complaints that the "commercial actions" are taken to generate additional revenue.

Will be more than happy to consider a class action against Starhub.  

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Sorry to say, but Starhub has done NOTHING to address this issue. And this is despite several calls to the Customer Service hotline as well as posting my concerns on this forum. 

To add insult to injury - they ask me to go off this forum and contact them privately by email (wonder why?) - but when I do, they either do not reply at all or reply with 'we cannot find your account please provide further details.  This is ridiculous and simply a delaying tactic since they have all my required details and more (even my cell phone is thru Starhub). 

I am appalled by this behaviour from Starhub!  The issue remains unresolved. 

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

6 m ago

Sorry to say, but Starhub has done NOTHING to address this issue. And this is despite several calls to the Customer Service hotline as well as posting my concerns on this forum. 

To add insult to injury - they ask me to go off this forum and contact them privately by email (wonder why?) - but when I do, they either do not reply at all or reply with 'we cannot find your account please provide further details.  This is ridiculous and simply a delaying tactic since they have all my required details and more (even my cell phone is thru Starhub). 

I am appalled by this behaviour from Starhub!  The issue remains unresolved. 

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

6 m ago

For any community moderators who are reading this - and to stop making excuses like we cannot find your account - my Starhub account is linked to this profile, and I can be reached on < removed private information > if you care to actually do something to address my issue. Thanks

(edited)

Senior Commentator

• 

8 Messages

• 

5 Points

6 m ago

@niravp I hope the moderator who reviewed your post has done more than just remove the private information.

I have raised to Starhub the matter of the removal of cricket and Fox channels.  Besides receiving responses with a long list of alternatives - most of which will require one to spend more money - the responses are always underlined by the statement that termination charges will be applied if one wishes to opt out of the contract while it is still in force, unless they are found to be non-compliant with IMDA regulations.

IMDA's oversight of Pay TV services industry appears to be focused on content standards/ratings, and advertizing standards.  There is also additionally guidance on reasonability of termination charges.  

I am now exploring other channels to address the matter.  

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Nope - they just removed my cell number - but so far nobody from Starhub has called me or even sent an email. I am planning to write to IMDA to file a formal complaint and to check if they have an ombudsman to arbitrate such disputes. Starhub should not be allowed to get away with such unfair one-sided behaviour and arrogant apathy to customer service.   

And I am not sure if this forum or their moderators (in this case Carla) hold any sway with Starhub or can precipitate action on behalf of the customer. Seems this is more like a diversion channel to allow customers to blow steam without having the need to resolve the issue. What a scam! 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @niravp, apologies for the delayed response and for the removal of your mobile number as this is a public forum and we want to protect your privacy. May we ask you to please email us at community@starhub.com with the following details Registered Name, and Hub ID/email address so we can better assist you? Thank you. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started