U

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 6:49 AM

TV + and Broadband devices compatibility

Besides free channel access, does using any other router like Linksys E9450 WiFi 6, affects the TV + box operations?

191 Messages

• 

189 Points

18 d ago

@user_de8e65 Using a non compatible router will cause the subscribed tv+ channels to be at a lower quality, for now.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

17 d ago

Hi @user_de8e65, we highly recommend using compatible routers for our StarHub TV+ Box especially if you want to access free-to-air channels.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

17 d ago

Thanks @Carla_P , however, Starhub should then keep updated with the new HW. The EA8100 and 7500 are all old routers and major stalls like Challenger don't even sell anymore. So it's a compromise, either be able to utilise the latest mesh and wif 6 tech or be able to have better compatibility to starhub. It's making users choose between work and leisure and not have both. Looks like I have to abandon use of TV box and use the Apple TV instead.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Let me just share that the Smart WiFi Pro (Linksys MX4200) has been recently added to the list of our compatible routers. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started