U

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

Sat, Jul 31, 2021 9:31 AM

Subtitle options on TV+

Hi StarHub, we recently recontracted to the TV+ Plan.

We realised that with the new TV box, there is no option to change the subtitle language on Korean channels such as Channel 823 and 816.

The default language is now English and we cant even change it to Chinese or Malay etc.

When we watched the same TV programme on the old box set before the recontract, we were still able to switch the subtitle language to something else other than English.

Therefore, this is surely a problem with the new TV box.

Can someone please look into this? I looked around this forum and on FB and I see that I am not the only one with this issue. It would be much appreciated if this can be fixed asap. Thank you!

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

2 m ago

Hi @user_59ffa1,  please be informed that multi-language audio and subtitles are available for selected programmes only. 

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

@Carla_P 

When we watched the same TV programme on the old box set before the recontract, we were still able to switch the subtitle language to something else other than English.

Therefore, this is surely a problem with the new TV box.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Please follow the steps to change the audio or subtitle.
Step 1: Press OK and select the “Audio & Subtitles” option.
Step 2: Select the available Audio track and/or Subtitle track.
Please note that multi-language audio and subtitles are available for selected programmes only. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

Hi, I have tried this many times. There is an option to change the audio but isn’t any option to change the subtitles to another language.

I want to emphasise that this is NOT a case of subtitle not being available for that particular programme. It used to be available when we had the old fibre tv box so it makes no sense that it is not available with the new tv+ box. 

This is a system problem, not a problem with my tv and it’s also certainly not because we don’t know which buttons to press. Someone in StarHub just needs to enable or turn closed captions or something. 

It feels like a total downgrade to have recontracted to get the new tv+ service.. paying for a service that my family can’t enjoy. Is there really no one in StarHub who understands? 

9 Messages

• 

9 Points

After weeks of playing ping pong with StarHub, the workaround was to connect the tv+ box to my StarHub broadband using a Nokia beacon to get an on-net connection. Now we get to change the subtitle language and order has been restored in the household.

StarHub should really try to fix this subtitle issue with the developers of the tv+ Box. The option to change subtitle language should be made available regardless of the router or off-net/on-net connection that the consumer is using. 

AntzN

Respected Contributor

• 

22 Messages

• 

6 Points

Hi, I'm facing the same issue on my Starhub TV+. Did Starhub provide you with the Nokia Beacon at no cost? 

Get Started

Get Started