M

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

Wed, Jul 14, 2021 4:50 AM

StarHub tv box showing weak signal when om wire

I have the white StarHub tv box and on StarHub fibre and the box is connected by Ethernet cable. The last few days I keep getting ‘weak signal’ when watching to  and keep having to get out and in again. Is there a problem at StarHub or what? I’m on wire so what weak signal ? Software is up to date and I have turn off and rebooted ont and router many times .

Responses

183 Messages

• 

181 Points

2 m ago

@Morleysheree Are you using the built in live tv app? What about the tv+ app itself?

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

@Xillvion  built in tv + app in the white tv box from star hub 

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

2 m ago

Hi @Morleysheree, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please follow the steps below to see if the issue will persist.

• Step 1: Go to My Account > STB Information > Network status.
  • Step 2: Check that Signal strength should be Good and Frequency should be 5GHz.
  • Step 3: Check that RSSI value should be -60dBm or lower.
  • Step 4: If the connected Frequency is 2.4GHz, please reboot your router and StarHub TV+ Box.

Also, do not place the StarHub TV+ Box in a cabinet as it may impact Wi-Fi signal strength. If you continue to encounter Wi-Fi network issues, ensure that your Internet connection is working properly or try to reboot your modem/optical network terminal and router.

7 Messages

• 

7 Points

2 m ago

It’s not wifi as I’ve mentioned. The tv box is connected by Ethernet wire to the router ( Nokia beacon ) 

183 Messages

• 

181 Points

@Morleysheree Can you try factory resetting the beacon?

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

In this case, please try to factory reset your StarHub TV+ Box to see if the issue persists. We also advise avoiding any heavy download when using the same broadband connection as the StarHub TV+ Box. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started