U

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Wed, Sep 15, 2021 8:15 AM

Starhub+ Box jitters & stutters for live TV when changing channel

I am encountering this strange issue where the live TV channels jitters and stutters for the audio, giving out screeching high pitch intermittent sounds with the image black or frozen, which goes on for 5 to 10 seconds before the picture and sound returns to normal. Carrying out a speedtest, I found out that the latency increases and available bandwidth decreases when this happens. After numerous calls to helpdesk and troubleshooting, I found out that the issue was with a network cable connection from a laptop to the Linksys router, that when for some strange reason when the laptop is off but the cable is connected from the laptop to the router, this issue with the Starhub+ box occurs. I have 2 boxes with the same issue. If the laptop is on, or if the cable is not connected to the router, the Starhub+ boxes work fine. Not sure if anyone else is encountering this, and managed to solve it, perhaps through some Linksys router configuration change.

Thanks!

Responses

184 Messages

• 

182 Points

6 d ago

@user_328ec2 Have you done a factory reset on your linksys router already? If not, follow the link, best is to do a hardware reset instead.

https://www.linksys.com/sg/support-article?articleNum=291981#T1

(edited)

Get Started

Get Started