J

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Tue, Mar 23, 2021 10:57 AM

Prepaid App Crash

Hello! I've been using Starhub for little over a year now. Since I'm a Starhub Prepaid user, I manage my stuff via the user-friendly Starhub Prepaid App. However, it's been crashing today and refusing to load. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application from Google Play and it worked. Then it crashed again an hour later when I tried to reaccess the app. It was a disappointing performance from such a good app that's never crashed for me before. Can someone who knows anything about this problem/StarHub Staff answer? Thanks!

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

7 m ago

Hi @jamesway, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Are you still encountering this issue until now?  

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Thank you for the quick response. Fortunately, the problem was not with StarHub's Prepaid App, but rather with Android's buggy update with Webviewer (https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/22/22345696/google-android-apps-crashing-fix-system-webview). After I disabled Google Chrome and subsequently Webviewer, everything worked again. I read later on that Android released a patch for the bug, so I re-enabled Chrome and updated Webviewer. Everything works fine now. Storm in a teacup! 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

That's good to hear. Glad the app is working fine now for you. Have a nice day! 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started