Santosh Rai's profile
Alumni (Retired)

Alumni (Retired)

 • 

1.2K Messages

Tue, May 10, 2016 1:00 AM

Post Your Suggestion Here/General Discussion

Dear all, 

 

We will use this board for the following purpose.

 

  • Suggestion towards further improvement for StarHub Go.
  • General discussion about StarHub Go (e.g. most liked features etc)

 

Thank you

 


Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

shanes

Top Cat

 • 

27 Messages

5 y ago


@IncTEh wrote:
I am pretty sure it is the case, but I just want to confirm.

1. If say, I were to stream StarHub Go on my laptop while connected to my phone cellular data through shwap APN, would it still incur data charges?

2. what about, if I were to stream from the website instead of the app with my phone?

 

1. Zero-rating applies for streaming through app on phone/tablet only 

 

2. Streaming is not supposed on mobile browser 

 

Thanks! Smiley Happy

eric3743

Grand Guru

 • 

4.4K Messages

5 y ago

1.  Missing HELP in Menu.

2.  Welcome screen option in the Menu. As Welcome is part of the guide to walk thru steps by steps.

 

3.  The Search function, that should include "Advance" option to filter.

 

 

shanes

Top Cat

 • 

27 Messages

5 y ago


@eric3743 wrote:

1.  Missing HELP in Menu.

2.  Welcome screen option in the Menu. As Welcome is part of the guide to walk thru steps by steps.

 

3.  The Search function, that should include "Advance" option to filter.

 

 


Hi Eric,

 

Thanks for your feedback!

 

1. You may try Menu -> Feedback/FAQ -> FAQ section

 

2. There's a Welcome screen when app is launched for the very first time

 

3. Are there specific Advanced fields that you are searching for?

 

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

 

 

eric3743

Grand Guru

 • 

4.4K Messages

5 y ago


@shanes wrote:
Thanks for your feedback!

1. You may try Menu -> Feedback/FAQ -> FAQ section

2. There's a Welcome screen when app is launched for the very first time

3. Are there specific Advanced fields that you are searching for?

Hope it helps Smiley Happy


1.  The Help & FAQ should be group as one.

By putting the FAQ section inside the Feedback, it do not serve the main purpose. 

Feedback is a standalone section, as user may not write the feedback. 

FAQ section should be within the Help section, as it is part of the help section.

Users prefer to seek the Help section for certain purpose, and this include FAQ section.

So by having the FAQ section inside Feedback do not serve any purpose.

 

2.  Welcome screen purpose is for 1st timer &or users forgot and need that guide again.

This is what i encountered, as when i login, it went straight into the Main menu.

It take a lot of time to figure out how to move around.

Welcome screen to be available at any time, should the user forgotten.

Hence, "Welcome" is also part of the Help section &or part of FAQ section.

The FAQ is too little and not useful, as FAQ suppose to be most common questions the users need.

For others apps: I do consult the Welcome screen to refresh and guide me again.

Of course there are other ways to see the Welcome screen. Just uninstall & reinstall the app again.

 

3.  Review.

 

 

Regards,

Eric.

 

Polarbear

Hubbernauts

 • 

153 Messages

 • 

12 Points

5 y ago

Hi,

Basically, for all the test scenarios, work fine on my iPhone 6S with no errors.

 

Below are my feedback on the app:

  1. Search results not clear. 
    1. I do a search on My Secret App. The results shows all the eps of The Secret App in random, the returns are as follow: Ep 10, 1, 2, 3, 8, 12, 5 etc. I would prefer it to show The Secret App show icon and when I click on it, it will bring me to the all the eps to select. 
    2. I do a search on Go Local. The return shows random shows episodes. I would prefer it to show me all the shows under Go Local. When I click the show I want to watch, then it will show me all the ep of the show.
  2. There is only one orientation view when the show is playing, when I move the show 90 deg or 180 deg, the screen does not rotate accordingly.
  3. The top and button bar does not auto hide after the show is playing. I need to tap the screen once to hide the top and bottom bar.
  4. There is a button with “Watch Now” beside each ep. It will be great is it indicates if I have watched the ep with “Watched” or “Watching” when I stop the ep halfway. Hence I no need to keep track of the eps that I have watched.
  5. On the main screen, it shows Games of Throne – S1 to 6 but the icons show S4 followed by S5, S1… in random again. Same when I click on more. I think it will be good to start with S1, S2…S6.
  6. Good to separate Feedback and FAQ on the menu list.
eric3743

Grand Guru

 • 

4.4K Messages

5 y ago

Review


15/05/2016: 03:00 am.

 

1. Starhub Go Trial Account ID: starhub16
2. Device Model and OS version: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge v5.1.1
3. Connection: Mobile data H+
4. Web/App version: 3.0.3 (1544)
5. Affected Channels/Videos: NA
6. Error Code and screenshot: NA

 


StarHub Go Test Scenarios (note: each participant must complete all test scenarios)

======

 


1. Check which programme is showing on Ch 601 – HBO HD on

 

Go to TV Live (bottom menu), select Filtering Option: Channel 600 Movies.
14/05/2016; 10:30 pm; Select channel: 601; 300: Rise of An Empire.
Status: Done. No problem.
------

 

2. Play Channel 312 – Disney Channel

 

Go to: TV Live; Filter Option: Channel 300 Kids.
14/05/2016; 10:35 pm; Channel: 312  High School Musical.
Status: Done. No problem.
------

 

3. Play Channel 401 – History HD

 

15/05/2016; 2:40 am. Channel 401 Counting Cars (S3) Episode 58.
Status: Done. No problem.
-----

 

4. Play Game of Thrones -> Game of Thrones S02E05

 

14/05/2016; 9:15 pm; Game of Thrones; The Curse of Oak Island.
Status: 1st review;

 

Comment: This is locate at the Main screen page. (Home)
The page show the main Season. No selection on episodes.
-----


5. Play Go Local – Free -> My Secret App Ep 08

 

14/05/2016; Main page do include all episodes available.
Status:  Done.  No problem.
-----


6. Play Go Select -> TVB First -> The Executioner Ep 03

 

15/05/2016;
At Main page, Go Select -> click More -> select "Hong Kong Dramas - TVB";
select The Excutioner (HD) Ep. 001; Other episodes not available.
Status: Done (may review), refer to comment.

 

Comment: No other episodes within.

Only using the Search function, then "The Executioner (HD) Ep. 003" is available to select.


-----


7. Subscribe to Eeva’s Learning Channel (users don’t have to really subscribe.
Just want their feedback on the purchase flow)

 

Steps:
1. At this Eeva's Learning Channel, touch on "WatchList" which will be saved.
2. Click on "Rent" which will divert to brower to goto Hub iD to login.
3. At the browser in Starhub Go, on the Menu,
4. Then on the far right Menu (3 horizontal lines) then select "My Watchlist".
5. Select the "Eeva's Learning Channel, proceed to payment (assumed).

 

Comment:
1. By using this "WatchList" feature, and act as the short-cut to the Channel.
2. "Watchlist" is a very good features, as it can contain favorite channels.

 

 

starhub16

Eric.

 

eric3743

Grand Guru

 • 

4.4K Messages

5 y ago

Review on the Starhub Go app.

 

Overall:  Good.  

Rated: 70%  (To be reviewed, if nec)

 

Comment:  User may required some time in order to familiar themselve on how to move around & selection.

 

 

Menu  (Location: Bottom)

 

Live TV

This title should be re-title as  "Starhub TV Guide".

The screen do show the complete  Starhub TV Channels and free channels listing.

Also, it is available to view 7 days (by date, including today) on the programmes.

Also available are the options; (1) Filter,  (2) Subscriber's channels.

 

For Live TV streaming, it should show only those channels applicable to streaming live, and include the subscriber's channels.

 

---end---

To be continue.

 

starhub16

Eric.

shanes

Top Cat

 • 

27 Messages

5 y ago


@Polarbear wrote:

Hi,

Basically, for all the test scenarios, work fine on my iPhone 6S with no errors.

 

Below are my feedback on the app:

  1. Search results not clear. 
    1. I do a search on My Secret App. The results shows all the eps of The Secret App in random, the returns are as follow: Ep 10, 1, 2, 3, 8, 12, 5 etc. I would prefer it to show The Secret App show icon and when I click on it, it will bring me to the all the eps to select. 
    2. I do a search on Go Local. The return shows random shows episodes. I would prefer it to show me all the shows under Go Local. When I click the show I want to watch, then it will show me all the ep of the show.
  2. There is only one orientation view when the show is playing, when I move the show 90 deg or 180 deg, the screen does not rotate accordingly.
  3. The top and button bar does not auto hide after the show is playing. I need to tap the screen once to hide the top and bottom bar.
  4. There is a button with “Watch Now” beside each ep. It will be great is it indicates if I have watched the ep with “Watched” or “Watching” when I stop the ep halfway. Hence I no need to keep track of the eps that I have watched.
  5. On the main screen, it shows Games of Throne – S1 to 6 but the icons show S4 followed by S5, S1… in random again. Same when I click on more. I think it will be good to start with S1, S2…S6.
  6. Good to separate Feedback and FAQ on the menu list.

Thanks for your valuable review and feedback, Polarbear!

shanes

Top Cat

 • 

27 Messages

5 y ago


@eric3743 wrote:


-----

 

4. Play Game of Thrones -> Game of Thrones S02E05

 

14/05/2016; 9:15 pm; Game of Thrones; The Curse of Oak Island.
Status: 1st review;

 

Comment: This is locate at the Main screen page. (Home)
The page show the main Season. No selection on episodes.

-----


6. Play Go Select -> TVB First -> The Executioner Ep 03

 

15/05/2016;
At Main page, Go Select -> click More -> select "Hong Kong Dramas - TVB";
select The Excutioner (HD) Ep. 001; Other episodes not available.
Status: Done (may review), refer to comment.

 

Comment: No other episodes within.

Only using the Search function, then "The Executioner (HD) Ep. 003" is available to select.


----- 


Thanks a lot Eric for your comprehensive feedback!

 

Would like to address the items quoted above:

 

Pts 4 and 6 - Sorry there's some issue with your test account. We are fixing it. Once done, you should be able to watch GoT and TVB content. Will keep u posted Smiley Happy

 

Santosh Rai

Alumni (Retired)

 • 

1.2K Messages

5 y ago

Awesome!! and encouraging to see so many good suggestion towards the APP.

Keep your suggestion coming. Thank you all Smiley Happy

 

@shanes. thanks for attending to each post Smiley Happy

eric3743

Grand Guru

 • 

4.4K Messages

5 y ago

Review

27/05/2016

 

Purchase Flow:

 

1.  When using StarhubGo app, there is a pop-up message "For Starhub mobile data on "shwap" the connection is free.

2.  Upon click on Rent; it divert to Starhubgo.com ->

Suggest to include the same pop-up message "For Starhub....". 

2.1 My Watchlist in starhubgo website and StarhubGo app are not sync. 

2.2.  After payment, when click on "Watch Now" next screen mentioned "Download the mobile app" Or "Later". As the "Download..." it go to the Google android apps store. Loop.

 

Suggestion:

3.  Can StarhubGo app make easy for Starhub postpaid /TV service Customers.

3.1.  Using the way that most Premuim Service provider bill to and charge into Starhub account bill.

Can this be available for Starhub customers to charge to their postpaid Account bill.

4.  Is it possible for payment, it is done within the StarhubGo app, instead refer to pt 2.

5.  Suggest to create a "Guide to StarhubGo app" as for easy reference and act as a guide, faq, on how to move around the app and short-cut, etc; if any. This can be download for easy offline read. Hence, in the way, the faq is within this Guide. 

6.  "Search" function need to have a filter (advance) on option views, with issue such as; Big icon but title is truncated. The episode number not able to see, as it is truncated.

7.  For 1 user for StarhubGo app, how many windows (devices) can it be opened to watch, simultaneously.

8.  Can these Starhub Go channels be watched on the computer.

 

 

 

Eric.

shanes

Top Cat

 • 

27 Messages

5 y ago


@eric3743 wrote:

Review

27/05/2016

 

Purchase Flow:

 

1.  When using StarhubGo app, there is a pop-up message "For Starhub mobile data on "shwap" the connection is free.

2.  Upon click on Rent; it divert to Starhubgo.com ->

Suggest to include the same pop-up message "For Starhub....". 

2.1 My Watchlist in starhubgo website and StarhubGo app are not sync. 

2.2.  After payment, when click on "Watch Now" next screen mentioned "Download the mobile app" Or "Later". As the "Download..." it go to the Google android apps store. Loop.

 

Suggestion:

3.  Can StarhubGo app make easy for Starhub postpaid /TV service Customers.

3.1.  Using the way that most Premuim Service provider bill to and charge into Starhub account bill.

Can this be available for Starhub customers to charge to their postpaid Account bill.

4.  Is it possible for payment, it is done within the StarhubGo app, instead refer to pt 2.

5.  Suggest to create a "Guide to StarhubGo app" as for easy reference and act as a guide, faq, on how to move around the app and short-cut, etc; if any. This can be download for easy offline read. Hence, in the way, the faq is within this Guide. 

6.  "Search" function need to have a filter (advance) on option views, with issue such as; Big icon but title is truncated. The episode number not able to see, as it is truncated.

7.  For 1 user for StarhubGo app, how many windows (devices) can it be opened to watch, simultaneously.

8.  Can these Starhub Go channels be watched on the computer.

 

 

 

Eric.


Hi Eric, thanks for your feedback!

 

For Pt 2 - The purchase flow for non-StarHub postpaid customers is kinda cumbersome at the moment. We're planning for Android in-app purchase later part of this year. With that the purchase flow will be contained within the app.

 

For Pt 3 - Postpaid billing is available for SH postpaid customers. The test acct is not tied to any SH svc hence you can't see the postpaid billing option Smiley Happy

 

For Pt 7 - Streaming is only allowed on 1 device at any one time

 

For Pt 8 - Yep streaming is supported on PC/laptop too Smiley Happy

Get Started

Get Started