Santosh Rai's profile
Alumni (Retired)

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.2K Messages

Tue, May 10, 2016 1:00 AM

Post Your Suggestion Here/General Discussion

Dear all, 

We will use this board for the following purpose.

• Suggestion towards further improvement for StarHub Go.
  • General discussion about StarHub Go (e.g. most liked features etc)

Thank you

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Polarbear

Hubbernauts

• 

153 Messages

• 

12 Points

5 y ago

Hi Rai,

I like to ask if it is preferred to do the testing via 4G connection and on the go? Thanks.
shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

Hi Polarbear, if possible, do test on both 4G and Wi-Fi connection. Thanks!

Top Cat

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

Hi all,

Got a few suggestions for the app since i'm a heavy user of Netflix so that's my benchmark of comparison

- Watch series button - when I click the watch series button i expect the next episode in the series to play automatically, that's what binge watchers expect. at present the app plays ep1 and then stops waiting for you to play next episode

- Need to recall which Ep you were on - the app does not have any tag such as watched, or finished so there is no way of knowing which episode were you suppose to watch in case you've been away from the app for a while

- My library - this should contain like in netflix a section above the fold which allows a person a shortcut to start watching what they were watching and all the items in their playlist. so If i was watching GOT S4Ep5 and stopped midway it should show me a thumbnail of that episode with an option to continue, if I watching multiple series (which someone like me does) then it should show all the other series i was watching and where I left them so I can go back to them when i'm ready.

- The buffer time - the screen just stops there is no indication of buffering, so as a customer you wonder is something wrong and then the video starts again, in Netflix there is the small moving wheel which tells you ok its buffering and that's why its frozen while it loads, we may want to consider something like that. the first few times it froze i turned off the app and restarted as I was not sure was the app hung or some error.

Cheers,

A

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

Hi Akansha,

Thanks for your feedback! Will definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

fyi we are already working on the 1st 2 items Smiley Happy

IncTEh

Hubbernauts

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

1 Point

5 y ago

I am pretty sure it is the case, but I just want to confirm.

1. If say, I were to stream StarHub Go on my laptop while connected to my phone cellular data through shwap APN, would it still incur data charges?

2. what about, if I were to stream from the website instead of the app with my phone?
Ah-Pin-Kor

Veteran

• 

300 Messages

5 y ago

For the LiveTV, the channels list are a vertical list on the left edge.

If you scroll down the list, the horizontal timetable tends to scroll to the right as well.

Also, the loading of this channel list is slow, even on wifi.

Also, is there any way to jump to a particular channel instead of scrolling all the way down?

IncTEh

Hubbernauts

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

1 Point

5 y ago

While performing the checklists for the trial, I have trouble finding the VOD titles. Too cluttered. The navigation to each categories are too image heavy, it even lags on the latest smartphones like S7 Edge on the highest possible network speed. Probably a choice of whether to display the images or not will help.

Top Cat

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

Sorry guys got another suggestion, when you are playing the video it would be good to know what you are playing, be it YT in full screen mode or Netflix you can atleast see which video you are viewing aas off now on Sarthub go you cant know which video you are watching coupled with not being able to have my library and watched option, does not make for a good experience.

cheers,

A

limchin

Honored Advisor

• 

78 Messages

5 y ago

For the live TV, is there anyway to got to the CHXXX I want instead of strolling all the way down? I try using the search and key "CH601" and show "no results to display".

Maybe my phone is a bit old, when strolling down the channel list too fast look a bit hang.

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@IncTEh wrote:
While performing the checklists for the trial, I have trouble finding the VOD titles. Too cluttered. The navigation to each categories are too image heavy, it even lags on the latest smartphones like S7 Edge on the highest possible network speed. Probably a choice of whether to display the images or not will help.

Hi IncTEh,

Thanks for your feedback! You may try the Search bar to search for the titles Smiley Happy

We've done some caching to improve the loading speed. Will certainly take your feedback into consideration on how to speed things up more Smiley Happy

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@Akansha Gupta wrote:

Sorry guys got another suggestion, when you are playing the video it would be good to know what you are playing, be it YT in full screen mode or Netflix you can atleast see which video you are viewing aas off now on Sarthub go you cant know which video you are watching coupled with not being able to have my library and watched option, does not make for a good experience.

cheers,

A

Captured the suggestion. Thanks mate! Smiley Happy

IncTEh

Hubbernauts

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

1 Point

5 y ago

I know we can use the search function, just a suggestion, especially helpful for people who are searching for new show to watch.

Don't think its the caching thing, the images etc loads fast, its just too much processing for the phone to handle which makes the UI jerky.
shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@IncTEh wrote:
I know we can use the search function, just a suggestion, especially helpful for people who are searching for new show to watch.

Don't think its the caching thing, the images etc loads fast, its just too much processing for the phone to handle which makes the UI jerky.

Got it. Will let the team know. Thanks for the useful info! Smiley Happy

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:

For the LiveTV, the channels list are a vertical list on the left edge.

If you scroll down the list, the horizontal timetable tends to scroll to the right as well.

Also, the loading of this channel list is slow, even on wifi.

Also, is there any way to jump to a particular channel instead of scrolling all the way down?

You can tap on the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen, select the genre (e.g. 300 - KIDS), and this will narrow down the list of channels. Hope it helps! Smiley Happy

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@limchin wrote:

For the live TV, is there anyway to got to the CHXXX I want instead of strolling all the way down? I try using the search and key "CH601" and show "no results to display".

Maybe my phone is a bit old, when strolling down the channel list too fast look a bit hang.

At the moment search for channels is not available Smiley Sad

You can tap on the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen, select the genre (e.g. 300 - KIDS), and this will narrow down the list of channels. Hope it helps!

We've done some optimization to speed up the loading but seems like the loading still takes a while. Will feedback to the team on this. Thanks!

Get Started

Get Started