Santosh Rai's profile
Alumni (Retired)

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.2K Messages

Tue, May 10, 2016 12:00 AM

Post your errors here!

Dear all, 

Please use the below format to post your error during the trial period.

1. StarHub Go Trial Account ID:
  2. Device Model and OS Version:
  3. Connection - 4G or Wi-Fi
  4. Web/App version:
    1. For Web, refer to version no. on bottom right of webpage
    2. For iOS and Android, refer to version no. on bottom right of splashscreen
  5. Affected Channels/Videos:
  6. Error Code and screenshot(s) where applicable.

Thank you

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Ah-Pin-Kor

Veteran

• 

300 Messages

5 y ago

@shanes wrote:

@Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:

My account starhubtest13@yahoo.com.sg can't view Disney channel 312.

I can view other channels like 509.

Hi @Ah-Pin-Kor, yes that's the correct behavior as the account is not entitled to this channel Smiley Happy

Any feedback on the call-to-action message though? Is it intuitive as to what the user needs to subscribe to?

Thanks!

OK, so the test for ch. 312 is supposed to be used for validating the non-subscribed channel.

I can see the "Subscribe to on Starhub TV via My Account Manager" at the bottom but I prefer to see this msg overlayed over the channel screenshot/logo at the top.

Maybe it'd be even more convenient for users if there was a link to subscribe to the channel.

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:

@shanes wrote:

@Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:

My account starhubtest13@yahoo.com.sg can't view Disney channel 312.

I can view other channels like 509.

Hi @Ah-Pin-Kor, yes that's the correct behavior as the account is not entitled to this channel Smiley Happy

Any feedback on the call-to-action message though? Is it intuitive as to what the user needs to subscribe to?

Thanks!

OK, so the test for ch. 312 is supposed to be used for validating the non-subscribed channel.

I can see the "Subscribe to on Starhub TV via My Account Manager" at the bottom but I prefer to see this msg overlayed over the channel screenshot/logo at the top.

Maybe it'd be even more convenient for users if there was a link to subscribe to the channel.

Agree with the msg overlay. We are looking into that Smiley Happy

Alas at the moment users can't directly subscribe to SHTV through the app. Nevertheless, we noted the feedback. Thanks!

Polarbear

Hubbernauts

• 

153 Messages

• 

12 Points

5 y ago

Just for record.

I am using starhubtest12 account, iPhone 6S.

No errors encountered during the testing. Have given my feedback already.

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@Polarbear wrote:

Just for record.

I am using starhubtest12 account, iPhone 6S.

No errors encountered during the testing. Have given my feedback already.

thank u sir! Appreciate it Smiley Happy

Top Cat

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

hi again,

Sharing a bunch of not so good things I noticed:

- The player bar (silver on top and bottom of video screen) should automatically dissapear but it does not go away till you tap on the phone to make it go away, not the best User Ex

- The search is just useless when you look for anything say "ballers" or "younger S2" or "blacklist S3" anything actually you get a list of each episode (if you even get what you are looking for), when you click at one of the search results it simply states "subscribe to entertainment basic group on starhub TV via my account", very few times have i been taken to the season page, so there are inconsistencies I dont know why

- recommended watching has nothing to do with the show you just saw its always the same, it should be dynamic based on similar genere

- the live TV part needs to be clear in which channels you can watch and which you cant the way the home screen is now it makes the user think they can access any channel but when you try it mostly just says subscribe via my account

- Even the error message on the live TV is not consistent, on some channels it says subscrive to xxx on starhub tv via my account and on some  others it says available only on TV with subscription

- the lag between GOT new episode airing on TV on sunday and the video being made available on the app only 3 days later is not good, customers can accept a 1 day delay but any longer and they'll find another way to get up to date.

regards,

Akansha

Top Cat

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

hi again,

- The player bar (silver on top and bottom of video screen) should automatically dissapear but it does not go away till you tap on the phone to make it go away, not the best User Ex

- The search is just useless when you look for anything say "ballers" or "younger S2" or "blacklist S3" anything actually you get a list of each episode (if you even get what you are looking for), when you click at one of the search results it simply states "subscribe to entertainment basic group on starhub TV via my account", very few times have i been taken to the season page, so there are inconsistencies I dont know why

- recommended watching has nothing to do with the show you just saw its always the same, it should be dynamic based on similar genere

- the live TV part needs to be clear in which channels you can watch and which you cant the way the home screen is now it makes the user think they can access any channel but when you try it mostly just says subscribe via my account

- Even the error message on the live TV is not consistent, on some channels it says subscrive to xxx on starhub tv via my account and on some  others it says available only on TV with subscription

- the lag between GOT new episode airing on TV on sunday and the video being made available on the app only 3 days later is not good, customers can accept a 1 day delay but any longer and they'll find another way to get up to date.

regards,

Akansha

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@Akansha Gupta wrote:

hi again,

regards,

Akansha

Thanks Akansha for your feedback! We're working on some of the pts that you rightly pointed out, will definitely look into the rest Smiley Happy

Ah-Pin-Kor

Veteran

• 

300 Messages

5 y ago

When I start watching a show on wifi, then walk out of wifi range (e.g. out of my house or office), and the phone network switches to 4G, the playback will encounter a network not available error.  It can't switch from wifi to 4G, unlike youtube.  App version is 3.0.4.

Since watching Go on 4G is not using up the mobile data, there should be a more seamless experience.

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:

When I start watching a show on wifi, then walk out of wifi range (e.g. out of my house or office), and the phone network switches to 4G, the playback will encounter a network not available error.  It can't switch from wifi to 4G, unlike youtube.  App version is 3.0.4.

Since watching Go on 4G is not using up the mobile data, there should be a more seamless experience.

Hi Ah-Pin-Kor, thanks for pointing this out. Let us verify on our end as well.

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@shanes wrote:

@Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:

Hi Ah-Pin-Kor, thanks for pointing this out. Let us verify on our end as well.

Have tried on our end. We were able to stream from WiFi to 4G w/o network error. 

Would you be able to try again? Suspect it could be due to momentary drop in connectivity during the handover. Thanks!

Hubbernauts

• 

148 Messages

5 y ago

My report: 

1. starhubtest17

2. ASUS Zenfone Zoom, Android 5.0

3. 4G

4. Android app version 3.0.4 (1549)

29 May
A. 2.49pm Disney Ch 312: No option for me to watch on SH Go. See screenshot. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-49-48.jpg
B. 2.52pm Channel 401: No option for me to watch on SH Go. See screenshot.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-52-59.jpg
C. My secret app. No problem watching, but aspect ratio is wrong. Cannot take screen shot.
D. GOT S02E05: no problem watching.
E. The Executioner. Cannot watch. Error message. See screen shot.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-58-00.jpg
F. Eeva learning channel. App redirected me to Web browser but need to log in again. The page is not optimised for phone, as the purchase screen UI is not centred. See screenshot.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-15-05-42.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-15-05-51.jpg

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@musicphotolife wrote:

My report: 

1. starhubtest17

2. ASUS Zenfone Zoom, Android 5.0

3. 4G

4. Android app version 3.0.4 (1549)

29 May
A. 2.49pm Disney Ch 312: No option for me to watch on SH Go. See screenshot. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-49-48.jpg
B. 2.52pm Channel 401: No option for me to watch on SH Go. See screenshot.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-52-59.jpg
C. My secret app. No problem watching, but aspect ratio is wrong. Cannot take screen shot.
D. GOT S02E05: no problem watching.
E. The Executioner. Cannot watch. Error message. See screen shot.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-14-58-00.jpg
F. Eeva learning channel. App redirected me to Web browser but need to log in again. The page is not optimised for phone, as the purchase screen UI is not centred. See screenshot.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-15-05-42.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9542364/SHGo-Screenshots/Screenshot_2016-05-29-15-05-51.jpg

Thank u sir! 

For A, that is the expected behavior as the account is not entitled Smiley Happy

For B, could you try playing Ch 509 RTL CBS Entertainment HD instead?

For E, could you try again and see if issue persists?

Ah-Pin-Kor

Veteran

• 

300 Messages

5 y ago

@shanes wrote:

Have tried on our end. We were able to stream from WiFi to 4G w/o network error. 

Would you be able to try again? Suspect it could be due to momentary drop in connectivity during the handover. Thanks!

I tried playback from wifi to 4G again but couldn't reproduce the error but I tried the reverse, i.e. playback in 4G, then move to wifi range, saw it connect to wifi, then the no network available error popped up.

sh-go-4g2wifi-error.jpg

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks! Have feedback to the engineering team Smiley Happy

Get Started

Get Started