Santosh Rai's profile
Alumni (Retired)

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.2K Messages

Tue, May 10, 2016 12:00 AM

Post your errors here!

Dear all, 

Please use the below format to post your error during the trial period.

1. StarHub Go Trial Account ID:
  2. Device Model and OS Version:
  3. Connection - 4G or Wi-Fi
  4. Web/App version:
    1. For Web, refer to version no. on bottom right of webpage
    2. For iOS and Android, refer to version no. on bottom right of splashscreen
  5. Affected Channels/Videos:
  6. Error Code and screenshot(s) where applicable.

Thank you

Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub.

If my post answers your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button!

Responses

Ah-Pin-Kor

Veteran

• 

300 Messages

5 y ago

1. starhubtest13@yahoo.com.sg

2. Samsung Note 4, Android 5.0.1

3. Connection - mobile data (H+)

4. 3.0.3 (1544)

5. Game of Thrones S02E5

6. Standard android crash msg - "Unfortunately, Starhub Go has stopped" dialog.

crash appeared around 15mins while playing.

EDIT: restarted the show and was able to resume playback where the crash occurred.

Note: previously before watching, I was browsing to this GOT episode, the app also crashed with this same dialog.

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

Hi Ah-Pin-Kor, thanks for your feedback!

Are you able to replicate the issue if you try to play the same ep again for 15 min? Trying to see if it's a consistent or random error Smiley Happy

Ah-Pin-Kor

Veteran

• 

300 Messages

5 y ago

@shanes wrote:

Are you able to replicate the issue if you try to play the same ep again for 15 min? Trying to see if it's a consistent or random error Smiley Happy

Tried watching the same episode today, no problems.

Looks like it's some random error.

Also other shows (not GoT) I watched yesterday have no problem as well.

IncTEh

Hubbernauts

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

1 Point

5 y ago

StarHub Go Trial Account ID: starhubtest11
Device Model and OS Version: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Android 6.0.1
Connection - Wi-Fi
Web/App version: 3.0.3
Affected Channels/Videos: watching live channels 312 and 401.
I guess the account is not subscribed to those channels? Can't find a way to play it, or its not intuitive enough for me to find it.
IncTEh

Hubbernauts

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

1 Point

5 y ago

Another thing, while trying to register subscribe to the Eeva’s Learning Channel from the app, it leads me to the homepage of starhub Go on my phone's browser. I have to login to the account all over again, perhaps this could be worked on.
limchin

Honored Advisor

• 

78 Messages

5 y ago

1. starhubtest14@yahoo.com.sg
  2. HTC M7 Android Version 5.0.2
  3. Wi-Fi
  4. App version 3.0.3
  5. Ch601
  6. I try to play the liveTV now (12/5/2016 4.50pm) it show Player Error: Oops! This title has already expired. Think earlier on today in the late morning I encountered the same issue but can't remembered isit the same channel.
limchin

Honored Advisor

• 

78 Messages

5 y ago

3. Wi-Fi
  4. App version 3.0.3
  5. NA.
  6. Notice when my phone was put on standby for sometime and when on again and return to starhub go it will appear the standard error msg "Unfortunately, Starhub go has Stopped"
shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@IncTEh wrote:
StarHub Go Trial Account ID: starhubtest11
Device Model and OS Version: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Android 6.0.1
Connection - Wi-Fi
Web/App version: 3.0.3
Affected Channels/Videos: watching live channels 312 and 401.
I guess the account is not subscribed to those channels? Can't find a way to play it, or its not intuitive enough for me to find it.

Behavior for Ch 312 is correct - the account is not subscribed to this channel. I suppose the no-subscription msg is not intuitive enough. Have taken note of this Smiley Happy

My apologies, there's a typo in the instructions. It's supposed to be Ch 509 instead of Ch 401. I've amended the instructions in the Welcome Message. You should be able to play Ch 509. Thanks for pointing out!

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@limchin wrote:
  3. Wi-Fi
  4. App version 3.0.3
  5. Ch601
  6. I try to play the liveTV now (12/5/2016 4.50pm) it show Player Error: Oops! This title has already expired. Think earlier on today in the late morning I encountered the same issue but can't remembered isit the same channel.

I tested using the same account on an Android phone and was able to replicate the error. Have reported this to the engineering team Smiley Happy

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@limchin wrote:
  3. Wi-Fi
  4. App version 3.0.3
  5. NA.
  6. Notice when my phone was put on standby for sometime and when on again and return to starhub go it will appear the standard error msg "Unfortunately, Starhub go has Stopped"

Just to make sure my understanding is correct, are the following steps to reproduce the error correct?

1. Launch SH Go app

2. Leave the phone untouched till it auto locks

3. Unlock the phone

4. Observe the app crash

Also, are you able to consistently reproduce the error?

Thanks!

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@IncTEh wrote:
Another thing, while trying to register subscribe to the Eeva’s Learning Channel from the app, it leads me to the homepage of starhub Go on my phone's browser. I have to login to the account all over again, perhaps this could be worked on.

The Android app currently doesn't support in-app purchase, hence it is redirecting user to the website to subscribe. Agree that the user experience can be worked on, will take note of this. Thanks! Smiley Happy

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:

@shanes wrote:

Tried watching the same episode today, no problems.

Looks like it's some random error.

Also other shows (not GoT) I watched yesterday have no problem as well.

I see. Do lemme know if you encounter the issue again Smiley Happy

Ah-Pin-Kor

Veteran

• 

300 Messages

5 y ago

My account starhubtest13@yahoo.com.sg can't view Disney channel 312.

I can view other channels like 509.

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@shanes wrote:

@limchin wrote:
  3. Wi-Fi
  4. App version 3.0.3
  5. Ch601

I tested using the same account on an Android phone and was able to replicate the error. Have reported this to the engineering team Smiley Happy

Hi @limchin, issue resolved. I tried using your account and am now able to stream Ch 601. You can give it a try too Smiley Happy

shanes

Top Cat

• 

27 Messages

5 y ago

@Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:

My account starhubtest13@yahoo.com.sg can't view Disney channel 312.

I can view other channels like 509.

Hi @Ah-Pin-Kor, yes that's the correct behavior as the account is not entitled to this channel Smiley Happy

Any feedback on the call-to-action message though? Is it intuitive as to what the user needs to subscribe to?

Thanks!

Get Started

Get Started