Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

19 Points

Wed, Apr 15, 2020 9:00 AM

Trolls on Disqus calling themselves "Starhub Official ✔️"

internet_troll_on_disqus.png

There were some discussions on Reddit and Hardwarezone about an account or two on the disqus widget embeded on downdetector's page. Let us set the record straight - that's not us!

Disqus, at least in my personal opinion, has been plaqued with internet trolls and will continue to be, unless something gets done by the company. 

Some tell-tale signs

• The green tick after the name is actually an emoji ✔️ and not a verification badge. And I can have as many as I want ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
  • Account was created on the same day (15 April 2020)
  • Handles are just gibberish: @disqus_OEBaozAebR & @disqus_Yr1VBPoftn (Possibly more)
  • And obviously, we don't talk to our customers this way 

troll2.png

Same for the other account we saw

troll3.png

Takeaway here: don't believe everything you see on the internet! Check sources. 

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :)

Download My StarHub App to check your usage, recontract eligibility, view bills, make payments, add/remove services and more!

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com 

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Responses

No Responses!

Get Started

Get Started