W

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Wed, Jan 20, 2021 2:21 AM

Scam call

I received a call from 88639725 and left a message as follows;

"Your phone account will stop service in 2 hours time, please enter 5 to get more information." 

Obviously it is a scam. I don't think Starhub will call with such number. This is disturbing for subscribers and wish Starhub can try to trace the number and do something to stop them. You will lose us switching providers if we don't see you taking any action.

Responses

1 Message

• 

1 Point

6 m ago

you would be very native to think that this would not happen to you anymore after switching provider. 

my previous number which i’ve been using for more than 10 years receives about 8-15 such calls on a daily basis. i’ve tried porting the number to various telcos and it’s the same. 

eventually i changed to a new number and now rarely receive anymore scam calls. 

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

4.9K Messages

• 

2.6K Points

6 m ago

Hi @winstonng99, thank you for sharing this information to us. Unfortunately, spoof calls are on the rise in Singapore. We highly advise that if your personal details were disclosed that you quickly reach out to the affected bank, telco or organization to take steps to address the situation.

Moreover, you may also refer here on what you should do when you receive spoof calls

Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

19 Points

6 m ago

Hello @winstonng99 @deadpoo 

Even changing numbers doesn't guarantee a stop to these because these crooks will just try all numbers from 8xxxxxxx to 9xxxxxxx. I do know that the telcos in Singapore are working with regulators on how best to deal with this but this will take some time because putting filters in place come with the risks of blocking legitimate calls as well. 

Get Started

Get Started