Scam Alerts: Protect Yourself Against Scammers
These days, scams come in many forms and if you do go online or own a mobile number, you leave digital footprints and you run a risk of getting your personal data or money stolen if you’re not careful.
And what worries us the most is that many of these scammers are impersonating Telcos such as StarHub. They claim to be StarHub representatives and target unsuspecting victims to steal their personal details. We urge you to stay informed about the latest scam tactics and learn to protect yourself against these scammers. Awareness is your best defense!
In this section, we have compiled a list of the latest scams, signs to look out for and preventive measures that you can take if you find yourself caught in a scam.
- Beware of Tech Support Scammers Posing as StarHub Tech Support
- EXPOSED: Fake Hub ID and Bill Payment Page to Steal Your Hub ID Password and Credit Card Number
- "vip.lucky-gifts-center.com" scam featuring StarHub logo "giving away" expensive phones and tablets
- Phishing Email Purportedly Sent by StarHub about Your Billing Account
- Don't be a victim of scam / phishing sites and emails! Share this with your loved ones!
- New Phishing Scams Involving Fake Bank Ads and Lucky Draws on Whatsapp and Facebook Ads
- Rise in Scams Involving WhatsApp Hijacking
GENERAL TIPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF
- Do not give out your personal details over the phone if you are suspicious of the caller.
- Always check the authenticity of the website before submitting your personal details.
- Do not open suspicious links, pop-up windows or email attachments, and do not answer calls from unfamiliar phone numbers.
- We do not request for your credit card details over the phone or via unsolicited websites. Always update your personal details via My StarHub App.
- Even if it’s a suspicion, contact StarHub through our official channels to verify the source of information or caller.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We need your help to expose these scammers too. If you come across any phishing websites or received any phone calls posing as StarHub personnel, post them in this thread so everyone can learn from it. It’s okay if you’re unsure, still share them here and we’ll verify the source together.