U

12 Messages

• 

12 Points

Sun, Apr 18, 2021 3:40 PM

Received a message from 90247011 under Starhub

I've been receiving calls from 824 9380 and then 90247011 asking if my router is ok and if it was ok to pay a visit and then to call back 90247011 due to a call being missed. The callers sound suspicious and the information presented over the call is unclear. 

Is this a scam call or is this from Starhub?

Should I report these numbers officially??

They addressed me by name in the SMS.

Can Starhub please investigate. 

Responses

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

5 m ago

Hi @user_363769, 9024____ numbers are genuine. Please refer to Howard Toh's comment on this thread to further enlighten you with your concern. 

12 Messages

• 

12 Points

Hi Carla, Thanks for directing me to this thread. It is 'enlightening' as you've described. It goes to show how much uncertainty has been raised behind the ambiguous numbers. Let me start by saying that the individuals never introduced themselves as being from Starhub. Why is that?

This is how the phonecall from 68289230 started - "Hello, I am calling on behalf of Joshua. Is your router ok?" I again received a missed call from the same number, 68289230 a few days later, on Sunday and 6 hours later, this was then followed by the number beginning with 9024XXXX claiming we had missed a call. The signoff was marked off by 'The PS Shop'.

How is this a Starhub number?

I tried calling 68289230 and it led to a full voicemail and an unclear recording which led me to suspect the genuine nature of this number. 

These are my questions:

1) As a customer who wasn't expecting a phonecall from Starhub , how do I decipher that this isn't a scam in future phonecalls on unrecognised numbers like 68289230 where this isn't Starhub?

2) Surely, this should have translated itself in the contents of the call where I should have been informed of why the person was calling and who referred him or her to me when they introduced themselves?

3)Also, why is the call not from Starhub but the PS Shop?

I understand that personal details should not be divulged nor requested for. However, I would appreciate a response on the questions I raised. 

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

If you know that you didn't contact StarHub regarding an issue they were referring to then it is best to say that the call you received did not come from StarHub. Moreover, I'm not sure why the call you received came from the PS Shop. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started