ilovefries's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

4 Messages

• 

2 Points

Mon, Nov 30, 2020 7:09 AM

Is this number +65 90245933 from StarHub?

Hi, I received a SMS notice from StarHub from this number +65 9024 5933 last week. I have previously received SMS notifications from other numbers but this one is new. Can anyone verify if this is legit? 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 y ago

Hi @ilovefries, what kind of notification did you receive? Please note that StarHub will never ask for your personal details (full NRIC, bank account number, credit card details, home address, etc.). Although, StarHub may require you to provide the last 4 digits of your NRIC as part of verification 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

1 y ago

It does look like but then again, numbers can be spoofed.

The most important thing is the content of the message. Do you want to share the content? 

ilovefries

Valued Commentator

• 

4 Messages

• 

2 Points

@IHateScammers @Carla_P Thanks. yes thankfully, the notification I received was just a message, didn't ask to provide any information. 

1 Message

• 

1 Point

8 m ago

I have also received an SMS from 9024 5932 instead. Saying I could recontract with a link attached in the message but the link leads to a StarHub page requesting me to login. Seems fishy. Could be phishing.

Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

19 Points

Hi @des506 

I think that is a real link. You want to paste it here? 

As long as it is pointing you to a real StarHub website and the message is accurately telling you that you're due for recontract, it should be genuine. 

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :)

Download My StarHub App to check your usage, recontract eligibility, view bills, make payments, add/remove services and more!

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com 

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @des506, please ensure that the link which you were redirected is the official website of StarHub before you input any information. Better yet, just go to our official website if you want to recontact. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
nonex

Respected Advisor

• 

46 Messages

• 

5 Points

8 m ago

@Howard Toh @Carla_P 

i’ve also been receiving promo sms from 90245932 and 90245933. Looks real? Maybe someone can verify?

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Hi @nonex, as previously mentioned as long as the link you were provided is pointing you to the real StarHub website then it safe to say that these messages are from StarHub. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

1 Message

• 

1 Point

8 m ago

I would also appreciate if starhub can confirm if this is indeed a valid number to be sending promotions on "Starhub" behalf. I don't think "as long as you are pointed to a real starhub website" page is helpful if the URL has a phishing URL. From the screenshot its a bitly URL, you can't tell from there if you are not being scammed or not. Anyway, if cannot be confirmed I guess the smart choice is to block number and not click anything at all.

Get Started

Get Started