Skip to main content
J

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Mon, Nov 30, 2020 4:35 AM

Does Starhub send promo notification SMS via +65 90245932 or is it a scam?

I've been receiving notifications about promotions and recontract from +65 90245932 and the link redirects to what seems to be the legitimate Starhub page so I did not suspect anything until I read a news article that numbers with "+" are from overseas. I can't remember if I input my starhub login info in the redirected link (real starhub page). 

What's weird is that I only received such messages from this number since 5 Oct 2020, but I've been using Starhub since few years ago.

Is this a scam number? 

Responses

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

4 m ago

Hi! 9024xxxx are sometimes used by Starhub to send notifications. However, since numbers can be faked nowadays, it's always the content that matters. Is it trying to ask you to reveal personal information, ask you for money, etc? Maybe you can share the message content for us to see

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

It is a poor practice for StarHub or any Telo to use normal number to send notifications to customer. Even for whatever legitimate reasons this happens, the Telco must make these numbers widely known, including publishing it in website. 

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

It is unfortunate to see our IMDA are not putting sufficient regulations on this, or not enforcing the related regulations. 

Carla_P

• 

4K Messages

• 

1.9K Points

4 m ago

Hi @jelahc, warmest welcome to GreenR Community. Just to check, are you receiving promo notifications only? Please note that StarHub will never ask for your personal details (full NRIC, bank account number, credit card details, home address, etc.). Although, StarHub may require you to provide the last 4 digits of your NRIC as part of verification Also, be aware of the links you're clicking as they might be phishing sites. Moreover, always ensure that you're on the official StarHub website. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started