U

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 6:44 AM

A scam alert

My mobile # < removed private information >

Yesterday morning at 9.33am,10th Nov,I received a call from a Ms Eva something? from Starhb centre in Jurong East.She put me on to a Senior Consultant calling himself Simon John (he said his starhub ID # SPLS1059).He said that on a routine checking they observed that more then 20 unauthorised users were surfing my internet after 12 am.He first called using this S`pore mobile +6584103348.Later the line got cut off, he called back using using an Australian Mobile +61 47183671.He wanted to guide me to remove all the unauthorised users by making changes to my settings.Then I told him I had to verify his ID with Starhub but he kept telling me the urgency to remove the unauthorised users.Telling me to check the CLSID number & subnetmask number to authenticate his claim to be Starhub employee.

I stopped the conversation with him & called Starhub.

Starhub staff said there was no unusual activity on my internet account.Neither could they verify the identity of Simon John or his Starhub ID.The Starhub staff also told me that calls to customers would be made from the corporate phone number starting with 6 not a mobile number.While I was talking to Starhub calls were coming in on my moble,from S`pore & Australian mobile numbers.I was advised to communicate this incident via the feedback form.After my call with Starhub Eva called again but I told her I didn`t want to talk to her or her consultant.

Please advise has this happened to other Starhub customers ? 

He knows my CLSID number, am I vunerable to be hacked etc ?

How should we respond to such calls in future ?

Thanks Justin

Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

1 m ago

Hi @user_13fbb6, first of, apologies that we had to remove your mobile number as this is a public forum to protect your privacy and security. If you didn't contact StarHub regarding an issue they were referring to then it is best to say that the call you received did not come from StarHub. 

Moreover, we highly advise that you relay this incident to our feedback form, so we can further look into it. Thank you for sharing this incident here in the Community as this will help other customers to be aware of this. 

Get Started

Get Started