Skip to main content
L

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Sat, Oct 17, 2020 3:47 PM

Waiver of roaming data charge

On June itself my sister actually change into another new phone number because dues to contract still ongoing and we cannot terminate the line if not we will be liable for early termination fee, so we actually just get a new number with the plan ongoing, and just on the first day when she stared using the new number, she receive multiple text from starhub claiming that the data roaming has been activated ( without us knowing) so on that day itself she actually called in to the customer service hotline to inform about this issue and customer service actually advice that they cannot do anything but only can wait up for the bills to be generate on July itself and if there’s any issue will then request for a waiver , and so on July she receive the bills with a shocking $900 been charge for data roaming, in the right sense of mind , during june/July singapore was lock down with regards to covid 19 and no one was at overseas and how come there is this charges of $900 been charge. After months and months we kept calling in to starhub to waive off the amount but till today oct the amount is still pending as outstanding, reason being every month the amount of $900 prompts to be outstanding and that’s why starhub terminate off the line.

Why when you guys demand for payment it must be immediate and why when it comes to waiver , is so Long, the waiting time is seriously too Long and we are getting very piss off about it , to seek the relevant authorities to get back to us with regards to the waiver by 23/10, I guess the other way around is just to create awareness and share this whole conversation and point of problem on social media to showcase how you guys treat your customer in terms of waiver, if it’s something that we really use, there is nothing that we can complain about, but the fact is that, the country is been lock down and surprisingly there is this $900 chArge for data roaming come by, don’t you think is very funny?? 

Hope to get a reply ASAP and to settle this issue off ASAP , 

Ps if you guys need the passport to validate if we did went to overseas anot by all means we can provide you with that

Responses

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

262 Points

16 hours ago

Hi @Llzhiheng, sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, we don't have the authority to give waiver here in the Community. May I please trouble you to get in touch with my colleagues via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below to further assist you with your concern? Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused since we don't have access to account details here for privacy and security. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

try before, but is useless, because it don’t gives me a solution to the problem I’m having. 

Carla_P

• 

1.9K Messages

• 

262 Points

Alternatively, you may also contact us at customerservice@starhub.com for further assistance. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started