Skip to main content
G

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Thu, Jan 7, 2021 10:28 AM

Unintended data roaming charges

Hi,

One of my mobile number was left in Malaysia since Covid lockdown. 

My sister (age over 60 years old) was using the phone but accidentally turn on data roaming in August 2020. 

As my bill was automatically giro from my bank account and didn't notice the charges until today. 

I noticed there is a 22.80 charges on daily basis for 100 to 200 MB usage. Can you help waive this charges or at least convert this to the more cost effective data roaming package? 

I have been a corporate Starhub mobile users and also converted all 3 of my personal numbers to Starhub some years ago. 

Appreciate if you can considering this. 

Regards, Tee

Responses

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

2 months ago

Hi @gktee, sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, I don't have the authorization to approve your request here as I don't have access to your account details here. May I trouble you to please send a message to our Customer Care via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below? Rest assured, they'll be able to assist you with your request. Thanks. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

2 months ago

Carla. 

I contacted your customer care via facebook messenger and have a few people from Starhub exchanging message for the last few days but none are able to help. 

I explained many time that this mobile number is used by my sister who are over 60 years old. She is not a technical person and do not know how to turn on of off the roaming. Normally I will do all the setting for her but because of COVID situation, she is stuck at Johor Bahru and I am not able to help. 

Since the data roaming was accidentally turned on since August, the mobile number was charged for S$22.80 daily until today. I have an 600-700 dollar phone bill on data roaming alone. 

And if you can see the maximum data usage is less than 200MB. There is totally not reason for any users to subscribe to 'unlimited data roaming' if the requirement is less than 200MB at max. 

So of the day usage were in Kilobytes instead of Megabytes. However it is still been charge for full 'Unlimited data' package. 

I believe Starhub can obviously know that this is an serious phone user without the technical know how in checking the data roaming setting. 

I understand Starhub explanation that there is no legal obligation to waive the charges. 

I write and hope that Starhub can consider this is a senior mobile users and able to offer a way to pardon her ignorant mistake of enabling the data roaming. Or is it Starhub's believe that one must pay for their mistake regardless of who and what situation they are in? 

Appreciate your kind consideration to a senior mobile user. 

Regards, Tee

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Sad to say, I'm unable to assist you with your request to have the charges waive here as I previously mentioned that I don't have the authorization to do that. Moreover, the request for waivers is subject to approval. I hope you understand, thank you. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started