motodad's profile

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jun 4, 2020 5:00 AM

unable to resolve overseas SMS OTP and starhub is unable to resolve.

SMS Otp Services cant be received or delayed with starhub.

At this critical time, when overseas we have to fill up forms from the government . Singpass, Etc

But the sms otp services  is almost useless though i have paid for overseas roaming..

I called up technical team and they given me some code to reset my SMS so i did.

Do you even understand that calling from overseas just to inquire takes $$$ and time?

It did not work.

Reset Phone

It failed to work

Change Phone

It failed to work

Whats frustrating is you have 2 mins to fill in your OTP on certain government portals.

and the otp can come 15-30mins later.

I have read through reviews regarding this and there is no solid resolution from starhub.

Better off cancel starhub if you are using overseas, its seriously a waste of time.

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 y ago

Hi @motodad, sorry for the inconvenience caused. We highly advise that you reach out to our Customer Care Support Team on Facebook or Twitter further assist you with your concern as this will require us to check your number settings back end which we can't access here. 

2 Messages

1 y ago

It happens for local SMS OTP as well. I have never encountered such problem when I was with Singtel. Is this Starhub system problem? If it can't be resolved, I would move back to Singtel!

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 y ago

Hi @samb747, we're sorry to hear about this. Have you tried to reboot your phone and insert your sim card to a different device to see if the issue persists? 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Hi Carla,

Yes I tried before but didn't work. Also tried #35*1234*16# as advised by customer support but also didn't work. So if Starhub can't help to resolve this problem, I will move back to Singtel as nowadays online transactions are rather important.

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

1 y ago

With that being said, we need to refer you to my colleagues on Facebook or Twitter as we need to check your account details to further assist you and log a case regarding your concern. Apologies since we can't access your account here on the Community. 

Get Started

Get Started