Rogertheme's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Dec 22, 2019 3:00 AM

SMS could not be received while overseas

Hi Technical Support,

Please kindly assist me in the following matter:

I am currently subscribed to Roam Easy Daily, Inernational Roaming & Data Travel Global; however, I am faced with being unable to receive SMS from overseas in my present trip.

I am currently traveling in USA, the connection on my phone is shown as "AT&T/Starhub, Emergency Calls only"

Earlier when I had left Singapore to transit at Shanghai before traveling to USA, the SMS function was working fine as I still received a "Welcome To China" SMS from Starhub, however, upon reaching USA, I could no longer receive SMS from overseas and this becomes an issue because I need the SMS function to log in for websites that require OTP sent by SMS. 

Yr assistance is greatly appreciated.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Hi Technical Support,

i would like to add that I have already tried restarting the phone, re-inserting the SIM card and manually choosing other operators but it still did not work. Thanks

Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

2 y ago

Hi @Rogertheme, sorry for the inconvenience. Since you've said that you have ensured that you enabled your roaming service. Did you also check that your device’s data roaming setting is turned on and your APN setting is set as "shwap?" If this does not help, I highly suggest that you contact us through Facebook or Twitter for further assistance as we need to check your number settings' back end. 

Get Started

Get Started