Top Cat

• 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Sat, Sep 25, 2021 5:26 PM

Roaming issue in Europe (only 2G)

Hi,

I am currently in Europe and have been experiencing roaming issues. I have a 5G Mobile+ postpaid subscription, with data roaming enabled.

In The Netherlands, Belgium and France I managed to get 3G data roaming. I am now in Germany and all three providers only offer 2G data roaming for me. 

I have rebooted my phone, removed (and reinserted) my simcard, checked my APN settings, manually connected to providers. Not only have I had a 4G signal (nevermind 5G) and now in Germany I can't even get 3G. 

Can someone from Starhub help me please? 

Matt.

Tan

Hubbernauts

• 

390 Messages

• 

13 Points

1 m ago

Hi mgeldere, I'm not from Starhub, but have been having 5G issues here in Singapore as well, switched my phone manually back to 4G and it resolved my issues, well, kind of, at least I have consistant 4G.

Top Cat

• 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

1 m ago

Thank you. I have manually tried that as well, but nothing seems to help. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 m ago

Hi @mgeldere, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. This might be because the network coverage in that area may be weak, so try moving to another area with a stronger signal. Alternatively, you can do a manual selection of the oversea network on your mobile phone. 

Top Cat

• 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

1 m ago

Hi Carla, thanls for your note. However I am afraid that is not the solution. I experience the issue in every place I have been, including the city centre of major cities here so it is not a network coverage issue. Secondly, I have tried selecting all mobile netswork (in the various countries I mentioned), all of them have the same issue. For example in Germany I see O2, Vodafone and Telekom, all three only give me 2G data connectivity. 

Any other suggestions? I already removed and reinserted my SIM, rebooted multiple times etc.

Matt.

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

In this case, please contact our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below for further assistance as we need to refer to your account details for this. Thanks. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started