E

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

Thu, Dec 10, 2020 7:18 AM

Overseas SMS not working

Dear team,

I'm facing massive issues with the SMS service from Starhub and I'm really upset about this since nobody is able to fix this problem.

I have 3 numbers with Starhub and on all 3 numbers I cannot receive or send International SMS. Roaming is activated I also ahve checked the GSM codes changed the Phones/SIM card but nothing changed.

Whenever I get back to Starhub the tell me to do the same instructions like I have done couple of times.. I really have the feeling that the technical support is not really well trained...

The issue also cannot be from my friends provide in Germany as my mobile from work is running also with Starhub and on this phone I can send and receive the SMS so that means that the issue must be within the Starhub system.

Thanks in advance for your support here and please do not tell me to check this with Starhub on Facebook as I did this also couple of times without success. I have found out that this issue is quite common with Starhub so if this can't be fixed I will move to Singtel.

Br an unhappy

Marcel

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

10 m ago

Hi @ecmar09, sorry to hear that you're encounterings issues with your SMS service. Just to check, are you unable to receive incoming messages and send outgoing messages from different numbers? Also, just to confirm, you already tried to cancel the barring of incoming and outgoing SMS, as well as insert your SIM card to another device? 

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

10 m ago

Hi Carla,

if you mean with the barring that I have unlocked it via agsm code then yes if not please let me know more about this.

And yes as explained above I have changed the SIM and Phones.

Br

Marcel

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

To cancel barring of incoming SMS: Press #35*Password*16#SEND

To cancel barring of outgoing SMS: Press #33*Password*16#SEND

The default password is 1234.

Moreover, please ensure the APN setting of your phone is set to "shwap." Also, please refer here for the correct phone settings. Lastly, once you made the changes, please reboot your phone. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

10 m ago

ok I used the codes again before I will check sending a SMS I have a question on the APN seetings currently my settings (IPhone) are looking as follows:

;mobile data

APN = shwap

Username =

Password = 

MMS

APN = shmms

Username =

Password =

MMSC = http:\\mms.starhubgee.com.sg:8002/

MMS Proxy = 10.12.1.80

MMS Max Msg Size = 307200

MMS UA Prof URL = 

Personal Hotspot

APN = shwap

Username =

Password =

is this correct?

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Yep. If the issue persists after rebooting your device, I would need to refer you to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger since we need to check your account details to further assist you. Please note that when our Chatbot is unable to answer your query, there is an option for you to get assistance from our agents instead. Thank you. 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

so I was told via email that the SMS has been received but I haven't received the answer 

so ther emusst be something now with my incoming sms from overseas

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

In this case, I highly suggest that you reach out to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger as we need to refer to your account details which I don't have access here in the Community to further assist you. I hope you understand. thank you. 

~ Carla

5 Messages

• 

5 Points

whom to contact as facebook? is just starhub? always when I write there a bot is answering and i have provided my details a couple of times and never got a sufficient feedback on my problem

Carla_P

• 

5.4K Messages

• 

3.2K Points

Yes, message our official StarHub Facebook page. If the bot is unable to answer your question, it will ask you to choose "Get Expert Assistance" where an agent will further assist you. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started