DONUSA's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jun 2, 2017 12:00 AM

NO SERVICE OVERSEAS

First time overseas with this SIM card.  I'm in the USA and I get NO SERVICE.  Tried rebooting iPhone.  Tried manually selecting each USA carrier.   Waited for hours still and NO SERVICE.  

Responses

SofiaYusof

Alumni (Retired)

• 

841 Messages

4 y ago

Hi @DONUSA, are you able to test your SIM card on another device to see if you're still experiencing the same issue? - Sofia

DONUSA

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

Yes.  Problem has been resolved.  Turns out I need to sign up for one of the roaming services. Eve just for voice.   I am new to Starhub.  My previous provider had a default roaming service (voice and data) that applied no matter whether you signed up for one of their roaming services or not.  This way, anyone arriving in a foreign country would at least have a signal, then get a SMS message that roaming was on and options to select a plan or turn it off.  With Starhub, you need to have planned ahead and selected the plan you want or you get No Service.    

I prefer the other carriers method.  I don't want to be bothered with selecting a plan in advance.  The SIM should be smart enough to know it is in another country and give me options on the spot.  In may case I need to land and call my driver, but had now way to reach him.  Super inconvenient!  No pay phones around (rememeber those day).  I had to buy a local SIM at the airport to make just one call to the driver.  

SofiaYusof

Alumni (Retired)

• 

841 Messages

4 y ago

Thank you for the update and your feedack, @DONUSA. Rest assured that I'll share this with the relevant team. - Sofia

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Hi,

after one week without issue, I now can't access any mobile network and have no service.

I absolutely need to get asap the connection to allow payments with double identification.

I've got two phone numbers with this issue: 8321 7915 and 8163 7195

Please solve the issue asap.

My contact: paul.guillaumot@gmail.com

Paul

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

6 m ago

Hi 

I am a StarHub postpaid customer and my phone has no service since I landed in India yesterday. I need to make very important transactions and I am completely stuck please help.

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @Arkhamvik, I'm sorry to hear about this. Did you activate your roaming service prior to your trip? If not, please activate your roaming service via My StarHub App. When roaming, your mobile phone will search for the strongest signal in that area to be connected to. However, in cases that you are not automatically connected to the overseas network, you can do a manual selection of the overseas network on your mobile phone. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

I didn't activate prior to my trip.  and now when I am trying to activate its giving me an error .

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

What error do you get? Please share the screenshot here. Also, please try to reboot your phone to see if the issue persists.

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Hi The issue happens to me too :( 

- I can't even call *123*333# to activate and the phone said error performing request. So no way to activate the roaming services. 

- I have made sure my wallet balance > 3

- I have set the APN to SHPPD 

- I have also chosen the foreign network.

Still my phone shows 'no service'. Any other ways I can try? 

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @user_87cbea, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. In this case, please send a message to our Customer Support via Facevbook Messenger by clicking the link below for further assistance. 

~ Carla

1 Message

• 

1 Point

3 m ago

My star hub postpaid international roaming active but shows no service tried restarting device no use 

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Hi @user_1d8ae9, I'm sorry to hear about this. Please try to manually connect to a foreign network instead to see if the issue persists. 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started