U

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

Mon, Apr 26, 2021 3:35 AM

No service oversea

Hi, I'm currently overseas (Myanmar) and I need to do a few important transactions and needless to say, I'm having No Service for my starhub eventhough I activite rooming. How can I do for this?

Responses

Accepted Solution

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

5 m ago

Hi Carla,

Could you pls check for me attach whether it is the one you refer to?

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

If you see No Service in the status bar of your iPhone, open Settings and tap Cellular, or Cellular Data, or Mobile Data. Tap Mobile Data Options and make sure that Data Roaming is on. Then, check that international roaming is activated on your My StarHub App.

Lastly, to manually connect to an overseas operator, please go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Network and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Thereafter, tap the operator that you want.

(edited)

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!
Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

5 m ago

Hi @user_f4783b, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! I'm sorry to hear about this. Have you tried to manually connect to a foreign network? Also, ensure you have the correct phone settings, refer here for more information. Lastly, try to reboot your phone and insert your SIM card to another device to see if the issue persists. 

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

@Carla_P 

I already checked my phone setting and those are correct but I still can't get the service. How do I need to do more?

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Did you try to manually connect to a foreign network and reboot your phone too? 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

5 m ago

Hi Carla,

I can connect myanmar network and already reboot my phone too, But still can't get it. Is there any other way to get it?

Thanks!

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

Please be informed your phone will display the name of the foreign network if it has logged onto one. The display will vary from phone to phone. The network name will be displayed in one of the following forms.

"StarHub <Foreign Network>", example "StarHub DiGi"
"StarHub <Foreign Network>", example "StarHub-DiGi"
Sequential display of   "StarHub"  &   "Foreign network",   example  "StarHub"  then  "DiGi"
"Foreign network",  example  "DiGi"

Does it still show "No Service?"

(edited)

~ Carla

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

5 m ago

Hi Carla,

I got it now. Thank you so much!!

Do I need to buy data if I use local wireless network?

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

If you'll be using WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) then you don't need to buy a data plan. Additionally, I would advise that you turn OFF "Mobile Data" and "Data when roaming" on your phone to avoid incurring accidental data roaming charges. 

~ Carla

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

Okey. Thanks for your advise!!!

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

You're welcome. Have a nice day! 

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started