Skip to main content
tamago365's profile

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Feb 27, 2018 12:00 AM

How to receive SMS overseas?

Hello, I am currently overseas and need to receive SMSes. However, my phone is unable to search for a carrier. What should I do? I will need to receive an OTP asap and hope I can get some help here! Thank you!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @ tamago365

Have you activated roaming services yet? Follow our guide at http://bit.ly/2xDhQlO for details. 

- Amy

Accepted Solution

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Incoming SMSes will be free depending on the country you're roaming in. You can check the roaming rates at http://bit.ly/2iGZatk. 

- Amy

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Hello Amy,

Thank you for your reply! With regard to the "Pay-As-You-Roam" plan, I can just activate this to receive SMSes at no additional charges right? I dont intend to call out or send out SMSes, just need to receive OTPs. Please kindly advice! Thank you!

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Cool! Safe travels! Smiley Happy 

- Amy

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Hello Amy,

Great! I managed to successfully activate it! Thank you so much for your help! Smiley Happy

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi, I’m overseas right now, and I subscribed to Pay As You Roam. But I can’t receive SMS or OTP. Please help me

1 Message

• 

1 Point

2 months ago

I live part time in Colombia South America.  I have metro pcs and the minute I enter any place wtih wifi all my texts flood in and I see and hear all messages.

We just tested it I got a call  and answered it then got a voicemail it was clear but it is impossible to get a text.   Even to  log on to metro they required me to input the code they sent me which i did not receive.   It took me 3 days of calling from a call center to finally reach a human,   after collecting my data he asked me to read back the text code .  I am not able to pay bills,  long on credit cards, etc.... one agent said I should fly into the US to give me service.  I am a 90% disabled veteran and I cannot fly in just to get service I used to have .   My neighbor has same phone and service yet he gets his codes ususually few texts that allows  you to continue you log  in.   Please email me,   I would appreciate any help. I got an email my car insurance is overdue but I cannot long on as I cannot receive  a text code.  the customer service with metro really does not exist..   Even to log on they sent me a code to plug in.  please help

Carla_P

• 

3.5K Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Hi @geohaddy, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Just to check, have you tried to reboot your phone and insert your StarHub SIM card in another device to see if the issue persists? Also, are you on a postpaid or prepaid line? 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started