kly88's profile

5 Messages

• 

3 Points

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 2:29 PM

How to receive incoming SMS (messages) overseas

Hello, I'm currently overseas but apparently my prepaid sim card doesn't seem to work (I don't receive any incoming messages or calls). So I tried enabling data roaming service by dialing *100*54830#, but it says the phone is out of coverage area. I also can't login to the starhub prepaid app as well because I can't enter my OTP as I don't receive any incoming messages. If this is the case, how do I enable data roaming for just one day? 

Thanks in advance. 

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

10 m ago

Hi @kly88, sorry to hear that you're having issues receiving incoming SMS while overseas. Just to check, did you activate roaming prior to your trip? Also, are you able to connect to a foreign network? 

5 Messages

• 

3 Points

@Carla_P I don't think I activated roaming prior to my trip but I think I can connect to a foreign wifi network..!

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

What about a foreign mobile network? Moreover, make sure that your device’s APN setting is set to "shppd".

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

5 Messages

• 

3 Points

If I change the settings, am I supposed to receiving incoming messages?

Carla_P

• 

5.5K Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Yes, if the issue still persists please send a message to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below for further assistance. Thanks!

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started