22 Messages

Tue, May 28, 2019 7:00 AM

Data Roam in Tokyo - working initially and changed to 2G/3G with no data

Responses

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

This seemed to have temporarily solved the problem, I can connect to mobile data now but my phone still does not show which carrier I am connected to.
Spiculum

Valued Contributor

• 

12 Messages

a year ago

Thanks Damien. Stable 3G.
Better than nothing

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

That’s good to hear.

Of course having 3G is not as good as 4G in terms of speed but I guess it’s a workaround until Starhub works this out.

simonN

Community Manager

• 

880 Messages

a year ago

Dear all, if you require assistance on StarHub service, do send us a PM with your detalis, we'll check on it. - Simon 

Gho

Trusted Contributor

• 

22 Messages

a year ago

Kudos to Damien to give a workaround. 

But it that doesn’t mean problem solved as we are forced to downspeed and get substandard service which is not what we have paid for. 

Spiculum

Valued Contributor

• 

12 Messages

a year ago

Gho is right. Where is the apology and restitution/compensation?

So there you have it Starhub. The problem is with your 4G partnership
contact with Japan operators

Not wallet balance, Operator issue, phone settings, restart phone, remove
sim cards, and all other recycled excuses you have been PM-ing us

The right thing to do would have been troubleshooting until you figured out
they problem. Instead you had your frustrated users troubleshoot it for
you. A real case of customer service faux Pas that I hope you really learn
from.

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Indeed that’s true. I’ve heard nothing from Starhub yet so far. Not even a
PM.
Gho

Trusted Contributor

• 

22 Messages

a year ago

I got a PM yesterday saying that they saw that I have utilized data throughout the day, hence looks like issue been resolved. Guess some of you will get the same note too. 

If it isn’t for Damien’s workaround, my data would have been growing cobwebs. Just have to live with turtle speed connection for now and pray for Starhub to grow a conscience. 

Esteemed Commentator

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

Wow, didn't know it was such a widespread issue. Thought it was only me.

So I've been in Osaka and using the happy roam data plan (WOW 4 for 4GB) since 16th May. It was working perfectly well until about 27th or 28th May.

Thats when it stopped working, dropped down to R for me on the bar (android) and nothing loaded.

So I've been PM-ing Starhub Support since then, and I've received a lot of different answers. One told me that it was because my phone was connecting to an Indonesian carrier (but it was fine before 27th May), and today I was told I had to top up $3 in order to for Happy Roam to work. (Again I repeat, my connection was working fine before the 27th with no money in my wallet/balance)

Glad to see I'm not alone

JacksonTZG

Community Manager

• 

602 Messages

a year ago

Hi darrelrtan,

I am glad that it's working for you. Should you experience any issues, do feel free to reply to the emails for further assistance. Smiley Happy 

- Jackson
Lyn L

Community Manager

• 

643 Messages

a year ago

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Meanwhile, I've responded to your PM. Thank you.

JacksonTZG

Community Manager

• 

602 Messages

a year ago

Hi damienp,

I saw your PM and will attend to you there shortly. Thank you.

- Jackson

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Just to share also, I'm in Hiroshima now, and the connection has been non-existant today. It connects to the 3G network in between minutes, and when it does, I get to use it for seconds before it disconnects. Needless to say, this wasn't helpful at all.

I've set the APN to shppd, switched around 3 phones, and restarted the said phones umpteen times. None of this solved the issue. I'm disabling 4G on my phone to see if this solves the problem, but it has been a really frustrating day as I been looking around for free wifi just to get my bearings.

I'm trying to see if disabling 4G on my phone makes the connection more stable. Trying to PM tech support for help now.

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

a year ago

Hi bensimus

I see your PM so let's chat there.

- Amy

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

I have replied to the emails. This was the reply, which merely told me to wait. To clarify with everyone here, it seems like the community managers are trying to make it seem like I am not cooperating with them by not replying. For transparency, I would like to say that when Lyn and the other managers posted that they have PMed me, they were telling me that Customer support had already responded to my request, and nothing else. I agree that greater transparency in service is needed.

Also, JacksonTZG, it is NOT working for me, 2G/3G is a temporary solace when I am paying for 4G as stated in Starhub's data plan. We are still waiting for a solution.

Customer support's reply:
Dear Mr Darrel

Thank you for your email.

We are currently checking on your concerns with our network team.

Please be assured that we will follow up with you once an update is available.

In the meantime, we appreciate your kind patience.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Jaishen Jayasegaran
Customer Affairs

Get Started

Get Started