Skip to main content

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Nov 29, 2019 4:00 AM

Cannot detect any network when I am overseas

Hi, this has happened to me twice this month.  Earlier I was in Timor Leste and now I'm Malaysia. Both times, I have had no network coverage. Unable even to receive or send sms.  I have used WiFi to activate a 3 day, 1GB data roaming plan but that also does not work and I've already been charged for it. I've checked all my APN sittings and they seem ok. What's going on? Please help. 

Responses

Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

Hi @Cynders 

Are you connected to any telco in Malaysia right now? 

If you're not connected to any telco at all and you're not in a remote area, there is possibility that you have not enabled roaming on your phone settings. 

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :)

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com 

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Hi Howard

Thanks but I've definitely enabled roaming on my phone. Plus turned on the
data. Phone can't detect any networks not use data.

Howard Toh

Administrator

• 

1.3K Messages

10 months ago

Hi @Cynders 

If you are not even connnected to any mobile network, we should check your roaming status on your account. Please reach out to our customer care team via Facebook via this link >> https://m.me/StarHub 

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Some of my posts are unofficial and may contain personal opinions which may not represent the positions and opinions of StarHub :)

For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger

For urgent matters regarding the safety of our members or the security of the platform, please email us at community@starhub.com 

Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started