Skip to main content

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Aug 10, 2018 8:00 PM

Activating Overseas Data Roam

Hi, I intend to purchase the Asiapac Data Roaming package and was looking through the steps but got confused.

Got off a call with the customer service rep which not only left me more confused but frustrated with her unhelpful and nonchalant tone. 

Based on what the CSO told me about when the activation is triggered, I intend to activate this via the starhub app and rather than lose a day or two by activating ahead of time in Singapore, I'd prefer to activate it via a wifi network once I am overseas. Personally this doesn't make sense because everyone should be able to preactivate and have the activation start automatically once an overseas network is detected but that's another story. 

How quickly is the activation confirmed via the app when overseas? 

Also, why is there a third step required by dialing *100*54830#? The CSO told me to ignore this if done via the app as it will lead to double charging. Really? 

I thought this process will be as simple as activating the data roaming plan on the starhub app and just toggling the data roaming on via my phone settings. Do Instill have to go through the 3 step of dialing *100*54830# when overseas? 

I want to avoid a case of 1) double charging and 2) purchasing the correct data plan but not able to use it overseas or worse, being charged "ala carte" prices for not enabling the plan the right way. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Hanbali_N

Alumni (Retired)

• 

634 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Striker, I understand that it can be rather confusing. Just follow the steps below and you will be on your way (: Let me know if you need anything else. - Han

Step 1: Open My StarHub app on your mobile device.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap Roam Manager

Step 3: Select the intended mobile number you wish to activate DataTravel.

Step 4: Go to 'Manage Roaming Services'.

Step 5: Ensure that you have either 'Pay As You Roam' or 'International Roaming' turned on.

Step 6: Choose a DataTravel plan of your choice and press 'submit'.

Step 7: After you submit, DataTravel is now activated on your intended mobile number and you may now start surfing overseas.

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hi,

For the step by step procedure > SH Roam Easy Data Travel with Starhub Mobile

The issue could be you need to activate the Roaming service prior for oversea else no network.

Hence it is best to activate & ensure all-go before you leave SIngapore to avoid unnecessary delay and disappointment.

If you read all these posts in this forum on oversea roaming problems due to connection error, and have to request for assistance here.

Double charge do happened if you repeat the activation of bundle data plans.

Each activation mean 1 bundle data.

Once you activate another will cause to have 2 bundle together.

This is due to the fact you can increase the Data required for your travel purpose.

For example: > DataTravel Bundle

Required 4GB but there is no 4GB bundle data except on 2GB or 3GB.

Activate 2GB bundle twice you have total 4GB bundle data for the same period, cost $30 ($15x2)

Of course you can delay the 2nd activation of 2GB at a later date when required or low on existing.

As bundle data are customize based on data & cost separate & individual.

Each user has its own required data and so have to activate according to the most best bundle option and/or in combination.

The abovementioned is to avoid your concern on (1) double charging.

Timing on the activation will affect you next concern on (2) unable to utilize the bundle plan.

Hence you may need to activate before leaving to ensure there is confirmation before boarding.

Should there be any delay you can use local call to contact Starhub CS to assist you.

If not when you are oversea there are no network, bundle plan not activate in time, call back charges, mobile data charges are expensive without any plan, etc.

At least if you are still in Singapore you can contact hotline, Starhub shops in Airport terminals, via post & PM in here or Starhub/Facebook, etc.

i am not starhub staff.

Get Started

Get Started