Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

388 Points

Thu, Jan 30, 2020 11:00 PM

How to port-in to StarHub?

shutterstock_631330133.jpg

Porting in to StarHub and retaining your number at the same time? At StarHub, we make it as easy as ABC for you! How? Continue to read this to make your switch without any problems.

Porting Scenario               Notes        What to bring?        Where to go?
StarHub Prepaid to StarHub Postpaid ✔ Porting is applicable to new signs up only.

✔ For Singaporeans or PR:
NRIC, FIN, SAF11B, SPF11B or SCDF11B

✔ For Foreign Workers:

Work Permit Identification Cards, Employment Pass, or Passport

Sign-up via Online Store.

Walk-in to StarHub Shops at these locations.

Other Telco Prepaid to StarHub Prepaid ✔ Letter of Authorisation won’t be accepted as original documents have to be scanned and uploaded at point of transaction.

✔ For Foreign Workers:

Other Telco Prepaid to StarHub Postpaid ✔ StarHub will port your line first to a prepaid line before porting over to StarHub Postpaid.

✔ For Foreign Workers:

Other Telco Postpaid to StarHub Postpaid

✔ Keep your current line active during porting to ensure a smooth transition.

✔ Ensure that you have completed your existing contract with your current telco to avoid incurring early termination charges.

✔ If your port in number has an existing contract with the other telco then a Letter of Undertaking form must be signed.

✔ For Foreign Workers:

Sign-up via Online Store.

Other Telco Postpaid to StarHub Prepaid ✔ This is not possible. 

N/A

N/A

Additional Reminders:

✔ Both parties must be present at StarHub Shop to sign the Undertaking Agreement if the registered owner differs in StarHub and the existing telco.

✔ You should receive an SMS notification once your number has been successfully ported over.

✔ It will take two working days (not inclusive of Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) to process the port request. If you don’t hear from StarHub, you may check your porting status by contacting us on Facebook or Twitter.

If you have any questions or need further information, please feel free to leave a comment down below and we’ll answer it the soonest.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Responses

3 Messages

a month ago

hi,  good afternoon,

Did location Westgate do the porting svc from pre paid to post paid ?

and please do advise if the porting need me to sign up a POSTPAID plan ?  like  no sim contract plan , something like that ? 

if yes, then i would not paid a vist to starhub .

Please advise, 

Thank .

Qing ChinCai

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

388 Points

Hi @Qing ChinCai, you can switch to StarHub Postpaid through the following: apply via the Online Store, at StarHub Main Shops (Plaza Singapura, Nex, Tampines Mall & Jurong Point), or through Telesales. And yes, you need to choose a postpaid plan.

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

3 Messages

a month ago

ok, thank , Carla,

That is what i googled, there is no Free of chrg porting from prepaid to post paid.

Thank,  i will skip and do not use the giga since they can only port from a post paid card not the prepaid card.

Will continue using my prepaird then.

Thank !

rgds,

Qing ChinCai

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

388 Points

Just to clarify number port request is free. 

~ Carla

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

12 days ago

Hi, 

My wife has been with another telco all her life. But now since I've been paying her mobile bills, I think I have the powder to decide which telco she should be using. *evil grin*

So, question. I want her to port number to starhub using my acct, as second line. 

Need to go in person at the branch or online also can? 

Also, number porting meaning its a direct porting where she still be identified by her current mobile number and NOT a redirection right? 

Please indulge me.

Thanks a million.

Mathyr 

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

388 Points

Hi @MathyrJuz, warmest welcome to GreenR Community. You may opt to port in online or at StarHub shops. Number porting allows customers to retain their mobile number when they port from other Telco to StarHub Postpaid.

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started