How to Enable and Reset Parental PIN on your StarHub TV?
Did you already set-up Parental Lock on your StarHub TV, which allows you to control what your children are watching? If yes, then you also have to enable Parental PIN to lock a number of channels, after which they will be accessible via a 6-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
How to Enable Parental PIN?
- Press the “MENU” button on the remote control.
- Select settings and press OK.
- Select the parental control press OK.
- Enter the 6-digit PIN.
- Default PIN is 000000
- Select the feature and set the preference.
In the event this cannot be enabled after going through the above steps, please perform a power cycle of the set-top box from the main and try the steps again.
How to Reset Parental PIN?
- Enter channel number 899 on the remote control.
- Press OK.
- Enter 0000.
- A prompt will appear, "Do you want to factory reset?"
- Toggle to select Yes and click OK.
- Repeat the steps to enable Parental PIN.
NOTE: Resetting Parental PIN on a fibre set-top box is the same with a factory reset, therefore, the current settings will be erased.
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions.
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!