How to Enable and Reset Parental PIN on your StarHub TV?
Did you already set-up Parental Lock on your StarHub TV, which allows you to control what your children are watching? If yes, then you also have to enable Parental PIN to lock a number of channels, after which they will be accessible via a 6-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN).
How to Enable Parental PIN?
- Press the “MENU” button on the remote control.
- Select settings and press OK.
- Select the parental control press OK.
- Enter the 6-digit PIN.
- Default PIN is 000000
- Select the feature and set the preference.
In the event this cannot be enabled after going through the above steps, please perform a power cycle of the set-top box from the main and try the steps again.
How to Reset Parental PIN?
- Enter channel number 899 on the remote control.
- Press OK.
- Enter 0000.
- A prompt will appear, "Do you want to factory reset?"
- Toggle to select Yes and click OK.
- Repeat the steps to enable Parental PIN.
NOTE: Resetting Parental PIN on a fibre set-top box is the same with a factory reset, therefore, the current settings will be erased.