Giver
Thankful Like-Giver
Grateful Like-Giver

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Fri, Oct 9, 2020 7:30 AM

Encountering issues with your StarHub TV+ Box?

Encountering issues with your StarHub TV+ Box?

Are you encountering an error message when you use your StarHub TV+ Box? Of course, we don’t want you to experience these errors. So, what should you do if you come across these error messages? Simply follow these troubleshooting steps below. 

Error Message / Code

Troubleshooting Steps

An error has occurred. Please press the Ch Up / Down button to tune to another channel. If the issue persists, please reboot your device and try again. [M7000]
  • Please check your internet connection and ensure that it is working.
  • Power off your Optical Network Terminal (ONT), router and set-top box first and power on the devices in order one at a time 2 minutes apart.
  • Once the set-top box is powered on, please ensure you are running the latest version of the software and try again.
  • If the issue persists, please contact StarHub for further assistance.
This device is currently tuning to the requested channel. Please wait. [M7001]

This is a message and not an error. If this message is stuck on-screen for more than 5 seconds, please perform the steps below:

• Turn off the power of the TV, IPTV set-top-box, followed by the ONT.
  • Ensure all your cables are properly connected and secured.
  • Wait for 1 minute. Turn on the power of the ONT and ensure that the LED lights are green and steady. Then turn on the router and wait for the LED lights to be stable. Lastly, turn on your PC/Laptop and connect to the WIFI network.
No Signal Found: Please check your Internet connection and press the Ch Up / Down button to tune to another channel. If issue persists, please reboot your device and try again. [M7002]
  • Please check your internet connection and ensure that it is working.
  • Power off your ONT, router and set-top box first and power on the devices in order one at a time 2 minutes apart.

If the issue persists, please contact StarHub for further assistance.

Ethernet is not connected.

OR

Wi-Fi is not connected.

Please go to Android TV Settings > Network & Internet.

• If there’s an internet, the status will be displayed as Ethernet connected or Wi-Fi connected.
  • If not, please power off and on the set-top box to retry.

Storage space running out.

This is a notification message and not an error. Please go to Android TV Settings > Device Preferences > Storage > Internal shared storage > Check if available storage space is less than 500 MB.

• You will not be able to install or download more new apps and games. So, you need to delete unused apps and games to free up storage space.

Let us know if these steps worked for you if it doesn’t give us a shout and we’ll sort it out. 

Still not on StarHub TV+ yet? Sign up or recontract now via our Online Store. For more information on the StarHub TV+, click here.

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Responses

13 Messages

• 

13 Points

8 m ago

complete piece of rubbish... in order to view free-to-air, one has to use their Nokia Beacon as the only router between ONT and TV+box, meaning that all existing router/network needs to be removed or replaced with the Nokia MESH, which is of lower performance than my original gigabit router on my broadband network.

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

5 m ago

Hi

the above is v useful.

We have been getting the M7000 error very often. Following the above steps sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't. Any reason why this occurring so often and how can I improve the situation.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @sanmugam, I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue with your set-top box. Please ensure your firmware version is updated. Also, does this error happens to all channels? 

~ Carla

Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Ver is updated. Any starhub channel.

Netflix n hotstar seems ok.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

In this case, since the issue persists after rebooting, it's better to get in touch with our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below as this will need further technical assistance. Thank  you.

~ Carla

1 Message

• 

1 Point

4 m ago

I've just recontracted and same issue till now. It's already a week and customer service can only schedule technician after days. The next in house technician is only coming this Wednesday and to they don't sound confident to resolve the issue.

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Jo Tan, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. The schedule of our technicians might have been fully-booked already that's why your appointment was scheduled for this Wednesday. Rest assured, they will be able to assist you. 

~ Carla

1 Message

• 

1 Point

4 m ago

I'm getting M7002 for over 3 weeks now. Called the customer service and I was instructed to restart the router, modem and TV+ box. It was of no help at all. Technician came down and pushed some firmware, it worked for one day. Went back to the same issue. Currently I'm using Mewatch to watch singapore channels. Starting to think, what is the point of starhub TV+ box. Pathetic! 

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Surendhar, we are genuinely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We understand that you are frustrated about the issues you've encountered with your StarHub TV+ Box. Please know it's not our intention to make things difficult for you. I'd be glad to assist you, however, your concern will require further technical assistance. May I trouble you to please send a message to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below?

~ Carla

1 Message

• 

1 Point

@Surendhar  

I've have the same issue since the first day I've got my TV+ box. On the customer service tech support call almost every week. Tried all their suggestion and it doesn't work until..

They sent a technician down and the solution is simple and he solved the issue in 10 minutes. 

The android TV+ have issue with accepting IP address with single digit. e.g. 192.168.1.1 -> likely to cause the M7002 error. 

So need to change that the IP address is like 192.168.10.x. Easiest way is to factory reset the linksys router (after the firmware upgrade). Then check that the DHCP in the router is set for 192.168.10.x

After that check the TV+ box at the settings to make sure it now hv similar IP address 192.168.10.x (x is whatever id given to the device)

Mine works and the M7002 disappearwd permanently. 

However, I still don't understand why tech support never tell us this. It would have solved many grieved customers quickly. 

Well done to the technician, but I still not happy with the tech support for not giving the right advice.

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

3 m ago

Hi, 

i just installed the new box today and after the technician left, I off and on the set again and the signal is lost, there is no signal to the TV. 

I am to plug in and out the HDMI cable to get back the signal to the TV. And I also change 3 different cable, same problem persist 

please advise 🙏🏻

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @chuanhai78, I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Please try to power off your ONT, Router and set-top box first and power on the devices in order one at a time 2 minutes apart to see if the issue persists. 

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Hi, thank you for the reply,

i tried and it does not work, can I trouble you to show the HDMI cable that comes with the setup box, i am not sure if the technician use back the old cable and use the new one for me, i am wondering if the cable plays a part ?

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Just to check what router are you using? For the best Wi-Fi performance, use the 5GHz band on your wireless router if supported. Also, do not place the StarHub TV+ Box in a cabinet as it may impact Wi-Fi signal strength.

~ Carla

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

I am using the Nokia router provided by StarHub and is connected via cable to the mesh. So if it can’t be resolved , can star hub send someone to help me rectify , the technician left before I could power off and try again . 

Carla_P

• 

4.6K Messages

• 

2.4K Points

In this case, please send a message to our Customer Support via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below for further technical assistance. Thanks!

~ Carla

Get Started

Get Started