Skip to main content
P

Wed, Sep 9, 2020 5:13 AM

Received unauthorized top up and usage of my own account balance?

I'm not sure how this happened, but is there a way to work my around it to prevent future problems like this and/or trace the perpetrator?

I've also called Starhub prior to this, even though they have reverted the transaction but the CSO also indicated that it's not possible for someone to use my account balance when it just happened about 30mins ago. Do I really have to change my phone number as my friend recommended, or should I also go as far as calling the police as this is technically theft?

Responses

Carla_P

• 

2.1K Messages

• 

395 Points

2 months ago

Hi @PreferablyUndisclosed, welcome to GreenR Community! We're sorry to hear about your experience. We take privacy and security seriously. Just want to confirm, what was the CSO's advice to you? I'm not sure how did this happen though. Moreover, I highly advise that you report this to my colleagues via Facebook (just click the link below) so they can take note of this. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Fresh Spark

• 

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

22 days ago

The same thing happened to my prepaid card 3 days in a row. I have reported to StarHub and am still waiting for the reply on this.

I have also made a trip to the police station, intending to make a police report against the perpetrator. However, the officer advised me to wait for StarHub investigation before doing so. 

(edited)

Get Started

Get Started