U

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

Thu, Jan 13, 2022 9:32 AM

Prepaid SIM registration still "incomplete" - after 15 years.

I arrived in Thailand yesterday for 3 months, having travelled from Singapore.

During the last 2 weeks I have visited StarHub TWICE in Singapore, at their request.

StarHub wanted to check my passport 'relating to my registration'.

Today, StarHub are asking me to visit them to again (third time) - to view my passport(?).

This is not possible I am in Thailand for 3 months.

If I do not see them be before 27 of January, they will 'suspend' my SIM.

This has serious issues for me as the SIM is linked to bank accounts.

I have called all 5 numbers listed for those overseas - 3 of them cannot recognise my number - I'm blocked.

Same issue even when I try to send 'feedback'.

The other 2 numbers seem unrelated and no one picks up my call.

Unlikely, they will transfer me to someone who can help - all are on 'autopilot'.

I have had this SIM for about 15 years.

How the hell do I discuss this latest registration issue with someone from StarHub.

All routes are on 'autopilot' and I'm 'blocked' at every turn.

Note - my passport has been successfully inspected by StarHub about 5 times in last 15 years.

Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

12日前

Hi @user_cefe64, I'm sorry to hear about this. We will need to look into your account details for this, however, we don't have access to that here in the Community for privacy and security. Kindly contact our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below for further assistance. Thanks!

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

12日前

I don't have a Facebook account (on principle).

This is required to open Messenger (I just found out).

Please suggest an alternative?

Excuses I've heard from StarHub before are that there is a plastic cover over the passport photograph and that makes poor copy?

Any idea why my prepaid SIM number is not recognised when I call the following "Hotlines":

+65 6820 1633.

+65 9850 0000.

Do they need a 8 digit number, or a 10 digit number?

Please advise format.

Anyway - why the need to enter prelim data when you are overseas and probably calling as an emergency.

Overall, very poor customer service from StarHub....

As soon as I enter my number in the Feedback section - it's goes red - and is refused. What's up here?

I called my Singapore number from Thailand - it still rings - so is presumably 'active' until 27 January.

All roads to Rome are blocked.

Carla_P

• 

6.1K Messages

• 

3.8K Points

You may enter a 10-digit number. Also, we need to get your account details whenever you contact us to check your account. Is this the feedback form you tried to fill out?

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

3 Messages

• 

3 Points

This morning (before I read your latest post above), I tried to call StarHub again.

My phone calls to StarHub 'overseas Hotlines' were again not productive / non-responsive; looks like you need to have previously activated overseas roaming for some of these numbers 'to work'?

However, not all bad news - during yesterday's efforts, I 'enrolled' into the StarHub Hub.

Today, when I filled in the Feedback Form, I was able to add-in my new "Hub ID".

Looks like a valid "Hub ID" made all the difference?

My contact telephone number did not turn red and I was able to submit my Feedback Form, and I received an acknowledgement by email.

Hopefully, someone will remove the re-occurring restraints on my 15 year old prepaid SIM account.

However, this does depend on someone senior overruling actions implemented by front line staff - so I still have major concerns that my SIM will be de-activated by StarHub (running on autopilot) on 27 January, and I will lose access to important OTP's for several Singapore accounts. 

Get Started

Get Started