electro123's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Dec 30, 2014 10:00 AM

Happy Tourist Pack for iPhone 5s ?

I'm traveling to Singapore from the US for 3 weeks and would like a voice and data plan for my iPhone 5s during that time.  

The Happy Tourist Pack looks like a good option for me -- but I'm not sure it is available for my phone type.

I have an iPhone 5s (Model A1453) with a nano card.  The phone has been unlocked for travel by my US carrier (Sprint).  

Thanks for letting me know if the Happy Tourist Pack has a nano card option that will work for me -- or if there are other nano card options. 

Responses

kzo135

Senior Advisor

• 

88 Messages

• 

10 Points

7 y ago

As far as i know Singapore use GSM, not CDMA Smiley Sad

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Thanks for your reply.

Looking at the Apple specs for my model, it appears that the phone is capable of both CDMA and GSM, so I've edited my post to focus on if the Happy Tourist .

This is the full description from http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/specs/ :

Model A1453: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26)

I think the first place I looked called it a "CDMA phone" because the US carrier uses CDMA for their network... but I'm not sure... anyway, my carrier's site is saying that GSM SIMs are okay... so I'll have to trust them. 

Smiley Happy

Assuming the phone is capable of GSM, can I get the "Happy Tourist Pack" in a nano card?

Thanks in advance for any help!

rsn

Home Networking Expert

• 

1K Messages

7 y ago

Your phone supports GSM if your carrier unlocked it. No problem using it in Singapore. The new Green prepaid cards comes with 3 in 1 sim card where you can use it as normal/Nano/Micro. But for the happy tourist @AmbroseL or @Howard Toh will be able to confirm.

TUP

Honored Contributor

• 

31 Messages

7 y ago

eric3743

Grand Guru

• 

4.4K Messages

7 y ago

You could loan a mobile handset from the telco, if your mobile cannot use because of network issue.

And let them know you want to include surfing internet.

Please check with them.

Years age, when i went to Japan, i brought along my mobile. But unable to use.

Then later, i found out that i could loan a mobile from the local telco before leaving.

Japan & US network are different.

Maybe you could check with your telco, if they have such service, and include surfing internet.

Regards
Eric.

Get Started

Get Started