U

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

Sat, Oct 23, 2021 10:07 AM

Complaint - Call Barring is activated, issue unresolved after 7 days, customer support refused to escalate the issue to the Manager

Issue:

• I can’t make outgoing calls (Call Barring is activated, I am not able to deactivate it). This is the 7th day after the issue reported through Starhub Facebook Social Media Team and the issue remains unresolved.
  • There seems no escalation process in Starhub, the Customer Service is so bad and I am helpless – I am subscribing to the telco service which CANNOT make outgoing calls!

Complaints:

**Please refer the details in the comment. I was not allowed to post more than 100000characters.

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

2 m ago

Day 1 - The issue was escalated since Sun 17 Oct 2021 11:29 with problem statement “Hi, I need help to deactivate outgoing call barring for my prepaid number”.

The customer support was not competent and ineffective – not knowing the Call Barring feature, and keep on asking me to perform the same steps again and again.

Time

Response from the Customer Support Agents

My comment

Sun 11:52

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that you would like to deactivate your outgoing call barring. You may key-in #330*1234# then SEND to your dial button to deactivate the All Call Barring Feature.

Let us know how it goes. Stay safe. - Dex

First time asking - #330*1234#

Sun 13:31

Thank you for patiently waiting. Kindly try dialling *33*Password# SEND. Do note that the default password is 1234. Otherwise, use the password that you created. Do let us know how it goes. Thanks. – Maggi

Sorry about the last response. Disregard the message. Kindly try to restart your device by powering it off. Try dialling # 330*Password#, then click SEND (refers to the dial button on the phone's keypad). Do note that the default password is 1234. Otherwise, use the password that you created. Do let us know how it goes. Thanks. - Maggi

This agent just asked me to do the same thing again #330*1234#.

Sun 14:03

We are sorry to hear about your roaming issues. As checked, we are not able to see any abnormality in your prepaid account. Please restart your device and try again. If it does not work, we'd recommend trying the SIM card on another handset to see if it helps. Kindly ensure that your mobile phone settings are enabled for roaming and log on to StarHub's preferred network partners. There are two ways to make a prepaid roaming call:

1) GlobalRoam 116 : Dial *116*<country code><area code><phone no.>#

OR

2) Direct Dial : Dial +<countrycode><area code><phone no.>

If you are calling back to Singapore, please omit <area code>

If you are roaming in Happy Roam destinations, please follow the set-up instructions at https://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile/mobile-phones-plans/prepaid-cards/happy-roam.html. - Faiezah

No issues with roaming and no abnormally, right, I already mentioned in my problem statement, that’s Call Barring feature.

Sun 14:20

We suggest you to a different handset and kindly ensure that your mobile phone settings are enabled for roaming. Could you tell us if this happens in one location only or multiple locations? -John

Roaming again?

Please try entering the prefix 116 number, followed by #, even with call barring active. Let us know if you'd be able to make calls in this format. -- Maui

*116* Again?

Sun 15:31

Thanks for providing the exact error message. We've checked your account, and I can confirm that your roaming calls are active. You've mentioned that you've activated the call barring. Was it activated when you were in Taiwan or before you left Singapore?

Can you try to reboot your handset and reinsert your SIM? You can also try your SIM card on another device and see how it goes. Thank you. -- Shirley

Checked roaming again?

Sun 16:34

As checked, we are not able to see any issue in your prepaid account. Your roaming calls are active in our system. We understand that you did the following:

OR

2) Direct Dial : Dial +<countrycode><area code><phone no.>

If you are calling back to Singapore, please omit <area code>

Kindly send us a screenshot of the error message so we can assist you further.

We will wait for your reply. Stay safe. - Dex

Sun 17:40

We have escalated this concern to the relevant team. We will revert to you once we get an update from them. Thank you! – Allen

Finally escalated to ‘Relevant team’

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

2 m ago

Day 2 – No status update after more than 30 hours. Mon 19:20 asking for status updates-

I Sent

I Received

My Comment

Mon 19:20

Hi, may I know what's the status my issue?

Mon 20:15

Thank you for patiently waiting. Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this has caused you. I've highlighted and sent a follow-up regarding this matter to our relevant team for further assistance. Rest assured that once we have an update from our relevant team, we will notify you immediately. Thank you for your kind understanding. -Allyce

Mon 20:15

May I know what is the SLA?

Mon 20:43

We seek your understanding as we do not have an initial timeframe for the resolution. No worries, we have highlighted the urgency of this matter to the relevant team. Rest assured that we will stay on top of this, and we will give you an update as soon as possible. Thank you! – Allen

The issue remains unresolved after more than 30 hours, what is actually the SLA? They responded no timeframe!

Mon 21:26

Do you mean there's no SLA in Starhub?

Mon 21:48

Thank you for keeping in touch. We understand your frustrations, and this is not the way we want you to feel. Please do know that it's never our intention to make things difficult for you. We don't like to provide false information as to when this will be resolved. But we can assure you that our relevant team is looking at this matter.

Once we hear from them, we'll get back to you accordingly to keep you posted.

We truly appreciate your time and patience in getting this sorted out. Thanks! -Enan

How can SLA be considered false information? How can the team works without SLA? How to keep track of the performance? They can leave the issue opened as long as they want?

Are you confirming that Starhub doesn't set any SLA with regards to resolution of technical issues? And the customer has to bear the losses? Is Starhub expecting its customers to continue paying even though we can't use the service?

I would like to request this to be escalated to the next level.

I hope you pardon us for the inconvenience this has brought you, and we apologize that we cannot provide you with a specific timeframe. We understand the urgency of expediting the resolution. I see that my colleague has sent another reminder to the relevant team.

We will keep a sharp eye on this and keep you posted for updates as soon as they become available. Thank you. -Khel

Asked to escalate to the next level, being ignored. Will keep a sharp eye on this? Let’s see.

I would like to speak to your superior, please.

We understand that you wish to speak to our superior regarding this matter. Allow us to share that this case has been escalated to the appropriate team, who is currently working on your concern. Please bear with us as we are also relying on the relevant team's update. Give us more time to revert to you once we hear a word from the team.

We are seeking your kind understanding. --Gretch

Requested escalation to the superior again, ignored.

Please ask your superior to answer my question.

<No response>

Requested escalation to the superior again – no response at all!

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

2 m ago

Day 3 – Received no responses since the day before. Following up.

I Sent

I Received

Tues 11:46

Why am I receiving no responses?

We do not wish for any inconvenience to happen to you. Rest assured that we are doing the best we can to get an update from the relevant team. Our superiors will be chasing this matter as well in case. Allow us to handle the situation the best way we can.

~Justine

Again – waiting for update from relevant team. Refused to escalate to the superiors.

Please get your manager to answer my question on the SLA.

Tues 12:40

I'm Janet, one of the Social Media Leads, and we're here to help.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience regarding your issue with your Prepaid number. We have no intention to frustrate you, as we want to keep your StarHub experience as pleasant as possible.

We understand that you wish to know regarding our SLA with the resolution of any technical issues. We will forward the concern to our relevant team and our SLA is 1 day to get back to the customer.

To further check on the issue you are facing, may I confirm which country are you trying to call and kindly share how you dial the number? We look forward to your response. Thanks! ~ Janet

Requested for escalation again – finally the Team Lead responded.

The SLA is 1 day? It never happened!

Tues 13:16

Hi Janet, thanks for informing the SLA. I am not sure if you are aware that this issue has not been resolved for more that 48 hours.

You sent

My problem is: The call barring has been activated. I can't deactivate it using # 330*Password# with error Invalid MMI code. I am currently on roaming.

I am requesting to deactivate the call barring.

I have attempted (Outgoing Call To Singapore):

- Getting error: Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

2) Direct Dial : Dial +<countrycode><phone no.>

- Newer phone: Getting error "You cannot make outgoing calls while call barring is on."

- Older phone: No errors prompted, but getting voice message from the network operator that the outgoing call is temporary barred.

Tues 14:26

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know the details of the issue that you are encountering. I know it has taken so long for us to get back to you and I sincerely apologize for the delay. I have escalated this issue to our back end team, and we'll be looking into it further. I just want to let you know that your issue is important to us, and we’ll get back to you ASAP with proper insight and solutions.

Thanks for being patient while we sort this out. We thank you for understanding! ~ Janet

Provided the Team Lead with the problem statement with details.

I have no idea what I am waiting for. Can you please confirm when can I expect this to be resolved based on Starhub SLA?

Your issue was relayed to the relevant team for further investigation. I'm afraid we are unable to provide you with a specific timeframe of when we'll get an update. We'll surely loop you in once we receive an update.

-Carly

Again?

Firstly, I don't understand how complicated is this call barring features it seems like none of your team knows about. I can easily find similar issues in the forum by Googling.

From customer perspective, I am seeing ' the relevant team' and your team as one Starhub. This looks really ugly if you mentioned this to the customer.

After all, it's back again to the Starhub SLA. It's has been more than 48 hours since the issue was reported and I have no idea what am I waiting for.

If you are unsure about the SLA and not even the Social Media Lead Janet, please escalate further to the skip level manager to answer this. Thanks.

I didn't asked for the resolution timeframe at first but only after waiting patiently for more than 30 hours - without any updates. And you are asking me to wait again without knowing what am I wanting for. Does this make sense to you?

Tues 15:24

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. I am still in discussion with our back end team on how we can resolve your issue with your outgoing calls. Although we’ve been working on resolutions, we are still trying to find a fix to your issue. I know it's extremely important for you to make outgoing calls. I will provide you with an update by the end of the day. Thanks again for your patience while we work through this. I’m confident we’ll find a resolution soon. ~ Janet

Since the Team Lead is following up and has promised for an update, fine, I will wait for updates.

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

2 m ago

Day 4 – no updates…

Day 5 – no updates…

Day 6 – Following up…

I Sent

I Received

My Comment

Fri 06:39

Hi, this is the 6th day and I have yet to receive any updates as promised for the past few days.

Fri 06:39

Good morning. We wish to share that our colleague is currently looking into this. I'm afraid that I cannot provide a turnaround time as of the moment but rest assured that once he has an update, he'll get back to you immediately. We sincerely apologise for the delay. Thank you. - Siti

Again??

Fri 07:57

I need this to be escalated to the skip level manager, please

<No response>

Since there is no updates as promised for the past 3 days from the Team Lead, I requested further escalation to the manager. Being ignored.

Fri 12:25

Please escalate this to the skip level manager

<No response>

Requested for escalation again – being ignored again.

Fri 13:13

PLEASE ESCALATE THIS TO THE SKIP LEVEL MANAGER

Fri 14:02

I know this has been very frustrating as the issue with your Prepaid line is still not resolved, and we regret that this has happened. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Please know that our team has been working to resolve the incident that you are facing with your outgoing calls. We’ve spent the last few days assessing what’s been going on, and we appreciate your patience during this time. Rest assured that we will provide an update as soon as we can. Thank you for understanding! ~ Janet

Requested for the escalation again – being ignored.

Fri 14:02

I can easily searched the similar issues in GreenR Community forum.

https://community.starhub.com/conversations/prepaid/out-going-call-barring/6012bd83b76c2f17d4bfd450?fbclid=IwAR1Jcb4EwgPCGx1JLXY2msfi9T4hpYCQyX0ww6uqGcccPOc1Dm10y9N0nTg

https://community.starhub.com/conversations/roaming/deactivate-outgoing-call-barring/5f23c0099e66e656042ae495?commentId=5f23c03d9e66e6560430fb73&fbclid=IwAR3d8NbauSmB14-yNgAM29Z-Zv-Mu99RQ3xKvXTbuvTe0k_A_VcvxfJ37vs

It's the 6th day and I have received no updates for the past 3 days as promised. I have no idea what am I waiting for. There should be SLA in place to escalate this to the next level if the issue cannot be resolved, instead of leaving the issue open without clues and resolution.

You can take forever to 'resolve' the issue since there is no impacts or losses to you.

Please don't give me the same response again and again. For the past 6 days, I was told to be patient and will be provided an update as soon as you can.

I need to talk to the manager to understand why does this take so long, what is the SLA and internal escalation process.

Please escalate this to the manager

Fri 14:43

I'm Janet, one of the Social Media Leads and I have been working with our back-end team regarding the issue with your Prepaid. We wish to share that there is an issue with the prepaid network on our end. Our Mobile network team are checking on it and our vendor is still checking on it. We are truly sorry for the delay in our response. We appreciate your patience while we sort this out. We thank you for your understanding! ~ Janet

Requested for escalation again – being ignored by the team lead.

I have given a few days for the team lead but apparently no updates, no resolutions, nothing.

Fri 14:59

Hi Janet, may I speak to your manager

We do apologize, but we are unable to call you as you've reached our Social Media platform. While we are waiting for the updates from our relevant team, may we request you to switch on and off your mobile and try to make a call? Should you still have an issue can you try to dial #330*Password#? Please let us know if you will still get the same error. We look forward to your response. Thanks! ~ Janet

Requested escalation again – oh, that’s Social Media platform, cannot escalate?

Asked to perform #330*Password# again

It didn't work. I have switched off and on, I am getting the voice message from the operator that the line is barred.

The #330*Password# was prompted with error 'connection problem or invalid MMI code'

You sent

Can you please request your manager to either chat here, drop me an email or sms to update the progress ?

Thank you for trying and letting us know. Rest assured that we will let you know any updates from our back-end team regarding this issue. We truly appreciate your time and patience while we get things sorted out. Thanks! ~ Janet

Requested for escalation again since #330*Password# did not work – being ignored by the team lead.

Please do not ignore my request Janet

You sent

I believe I have been patient enough, but this is the 6th day, it is unacceptable

Fri 15:42

I am one of the managers here in Social Media and please know that I am doing my best to work with our back-end to get to the bottom of this. I would like to extend our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience. This is not how we want things to go. Your feedback is of utmost importance to us as we better our service. We thank you for all the time and patience you have extended and for bearing with us as we work on this. As shared, we will keep you in the loop to let you know any updates on the case. Thanks! ~ Janet

Requested for escalation again – Team Lead becomes Manager now…

I am following through the escalation process. Since you are not able to resolve the issue after 3 days without any updates, I am requesting this to be escalated further to the next level which is your manager.

Please escalate accordingly. Thanks.

<No response>

Requested for escalation again – being ignored without responses.

Fri 16:54

I have been requesting escalation to the skip level manager since early morning today, and the requests are being ignored, is this Starhub's customer service charter?

Thank you for reaching out to us today. Upon checking, this case has been escalated already to the relevant team. Hence, it is still under investigation. Meanwhile, you may follow these steps to make calls.

1. Dial <+>

2. <Country Code>

3. <Area Code>

4. <Phone Number>

Example:

To call Singapore: +6591234567.

To call overseas (USA): +14011234567

Kindly ensure that you are on Digi or U mobile network only.

We will get back to you immediately once an update is received. Thank you. - Jessie

Requested for escalation again – being ignored and asked to follow the steps which apparently not working.

<Provided with Screenshots to show that it’s not working>

I have tried other operators Maxis & Celcom as well earlier

Am I not making myself clear? I need this to be escalated to the skip level manager

The 3rd day after the issue reported, the issue was escalated to the team lead. This is the 6th day and the team lead wasn't resolving the issue.

PLEASE ESCALATE TO THE SKIP LEVEL MANAGER

<No response>

Provided the screen shots for the errors per requested steps and asked for escalation but being ignored – no responses.

Fri 18:12

You're really trying my patience now

This is ridiculous

We apologize if your recent experience has seemed unfavourable. We did not intend to make things difficult for you as we want to keep your StarHub experience as pleasant as possible. As mentioned, we'll make sure to loop you in once we hear an update on your concerns. We seek your understanding on this matter. -Zion

Expressed my frustrations – same response.

I want to speak to your skip level manager

Fri 18:52

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, WT Lim. It's never our intention to make things difficult for you. Our relevant team is still investigating this case, and as soon as we receive an update, we'll revert to you. We seek your extended patience and understanding in the meantime. - Alex

Requested for escalation again – being ignored

Fri 18:52

Please escalate to your skip level manager!!!!

<No response>

Requested for escalation again – being ignored without response.

Day 7 – till now 18:00 – no updates/responses at all!

Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

1 m ago

Hi @user_73e88e, we're genuinely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. It usually doesn't take long to resolve this issue. Upon checking from our Customer Support, our relevant team is still investigating your case. They will contact you as soon as they receive an update. Thanks for your patience. 

6 Messages

• 

6 Points

@Carla_P Why are you ignoring my complaints? I am not writing to get the same response as those in Facebook Messenger.

This is the 9th day. I need this to be escalated to upper level.

Do you have SLA? Do you have escalation process/channel? Do you Clients Charter?

I believe you are well aware that there were a lot of similar issues happened that you can search in this forum.

Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Please know we are not ignoring your complaints. Moreso, we're sorry that it's taking longer to resolve your concern. Upon checking from our Customer Support, they have escalated your concern with the back-end team. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started