U

3 Messages

• 

2 Points

Tue, Jul 6, 2021 5:53 AM

Will I incur late charges for not paying a bill if I am waiting for my final bill?

Hi, I ported out of Starhub mobile in early June, and I was recently given a bill that is due on 10 July 2021. When I called customer service and explained my situation, she told me that I should not pay this bill and wait for the final bill that would supposedly be generated on 26 July or 26 August. I asked her if I would incur any late payment charges by not paying the bill and she said no. I would like to confirm if this is indeed the case? I am concerned that the system will automatically charge me late payment charges if I don't pay it.

Responses

3 Messages

• 

2 Points

2 m ago

Hi, my relevant account number is < removed private information >. I ported out of Starhub mobile in early June and was just given a bill dated 26 June 2021 where I have to pay an amount by 10 July 2021. When I called customer service, I was told that I should not pay this bill and instead wait for the final bill which would be generated on either 26 July or 26 August. When I asked if I would be charged late payment charges if I did not pay the bill by 10 July 2021, the person told me I would not. Her concern was that if I paid this bill, the final bill would likely reflect a credit balance. I would like to check if this is indeed the case?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Will I incur late charges for not paying a bill if I am waiting for my final bill?

(edited)

Carla_P

• 

5.2K Messages

• 

3K Points

2 m ago

Hi @user_26d645, we're sorry to hear that you've ported out from StarHub. To answer your question, you need to pay the bill you receive since you might incur a late payment fee. Moreover, the final bill is usually generated at least after 2 billing cycles. 

Get Started

Get Started