U

1 Message

• 

1 Point

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 2:41 PM

Transfer of ownership (deceased)

My mum passed away sometimes ago and was using 1 mobile under Starhub before her passing.

I went down to the nearest Starhub branch to request for a transfer of account under my name but to our astonishment was informed that there was outstanding that runs in the thousands which for some reasons was never reflected in any of the bill.

Despite my best explaination, I was informed that to transfer the line, the outstanding sum must be paid before any transfer / cancellations can be done.

Will it be possible to make exceptions for a deceased account holder. 

Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

1 m ago

Hi @user_e1a4ad, warmest welcome to GreenR Community! Yes, that's correct all account balances from overdue and due on a future date bill for the particular account which the transferee is taking over must be cleared prior to the transfer of ownership.

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

1 m ago

Hi Carla!

Thanks, however as mentioned, we are not sure why there was overdue... from the bills (on the account we have intention of keeping and we have been receiving), there's no outstanding aount / overdue payment. 

May I also ask, then in this case, is cancellation an option? 

Thanks

Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

We will need to look into your account details to further assist you. However, we don't have access to your account details here. In this case, we advise that you contact our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger by clicking the link below.

And yes, you may also terminate the mobile plan, however, please note if it is under an existing you will incur an early termination fee, and will aslo have to pay the balance you have. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

2 Messages

• 

2 Points

Hi Carla,

As mentioned previously, the accout holder had passed away and there was no outstanding balance for the said mobile number. 

I was told previously I can terminate the plan on compassionate ground (no outstanding charges on the line) since the account owner has already passed away. However to transfer to my name, any balance from all other accounts related to the deceased will then be taken into considerations... is this info correct? 

Carla_P

• 

5.8K Messages

• 

3.5K Points

Apologies for the confusion, the information which was relayed to you is correct. You just have to provide a copy of the death certificate when you request the termination. My condolences, by the way. 

~ Carla

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Some of my posts, opinions and views here do not reflect my position and StarHub's opinions. 
For account related matter, please seek help from our Customer Service team via Facebook Messenger.
Have a good idea? Tell us at our Ideas Exchange!

Get Started

Get Started