MayLK's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Mar 13, 2017 6:00 AM

Terrible Mobile data on iPhone 6

I've been experiencing terrible mobile data connection on my iPhone 6. 
From browsing here, I found that I'm not the only one too. 

Internet connection on my phone is disconnected often with change of location. If it is bound to happen with change of location, then what's the point of using "MOBILE data"? 

Once it's disconnected, it take 30mins to 1,2 hours to get reconnected! 

Contacted twice after ages of waiting to talk to a customer care consultant on the phone, yet it is still unsolved. 

Done - restarted my phone
Done - changing SIM card to another phone
Done - taking out SIM card, putting back and restarting my phone

It just doesn't work. I was told "There is nothing wrong from OUR SIDE". 

Really fed up with this problem and the service. 

Responses

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @ MayLK,

Oh dear, this certainly should not be the case.

Where do you frequently experience the disconnection issues? PM me your account details and we'll check on this. 

- Amy

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Oh well, it is happening everywhere. 
After speaking to customer care consultant from starhub, I followed his instruction to take out my SIM card, put it back and restart. But it got even worse, the whole night, I have no mobile data till morning 8:30 am. And when it came back it stayed for less than 15mins and then disappeared. 

The places that the mobile internet data was disconnected are 
1) my house (Jurong west)
2) around my workplace (Kent Ridge)

3) around Bukit timah
4) around Clementi
5) around Newton
6) around Orchard
7) around Holland

Maybe I should try going to the east just to confirm that Starhub mobile data is unavailable on my phone!

I've spoken to a customer service from Starhub again (3rd time in 3 weeks, 2nd time in this week), and she said, the technical team will look into it. There is always someone looking into this issue, and yet my mobile data is never properly available. 

I'm exhausted. 

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @ MayLK,

I see. Do PM me your account details and we'll ensure our colleagues follow up on your issues. 

- Amy

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @ Fiz Shukri, 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Network coverage may differ from location to location due to blindspots. Have you since restarted your handset and tried placing your SIM Card in another handset to see if the issue recurs?

Let me know your NRIC/FIN/Passport Number and Prepaid mobile number via PM and we will arrange for assistance.

- Amy

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Hi, I'm using iPhone 6 with Starhub prepaid subscribing data plan. It sometimes will not connect for couple hours and this is not the first time in this week. I have googled and tried a lot of suggestions found on multiple websites, however none worked. Please look into this matter seriously as I need internet access not just for personal usage, for my work as well. 

Get Started

Get Started