Badegg's profile

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 18, 2013 11:00 PM

Starhub service failures

I just hope the starhub staff will pick this up and revert.

I just popped into the Imm outlet in the morning to do an early contract renewal with a new phone and was in the queue outside the shop at 11am. When the gate was pulled up, I waited for 10 mins in the queue just to get a ticket.

Service failure #1
There was only 1 staff at the reception to attend to us. This poor guy seemed to be conducting diagnosis of customer's problems so that we can be pointed to the right counter to be serviced. However, this is also a big bottleneck because he has to handle enquiries on billing, equipment exchange, mobile...etc. hence, it took me as a platinum customer 10 mins to wait before getting a ticket.

This is a good way, but is it the best way to handle queues?
I suggest starhub with more than a decade providing mobile services to learn from the poly clinics on queue management. Why can't starhub provide DIY kiosks for customers to get the trouble ticket instead of waiting? Or can we make the appt online first?

Service failure #2
I have gotten a new phone which requires a micro sim. The staff at the counter advised that it would be activated within an hr. After an hr, it did not work. I called 1633 and was advised that it would be activated within the day. By 8pm, it was still not activated and I called 1633 again. They said will escalate the case and said it shd work within the day... The next day, 1130 am, it still was not activated and I called 1633. They said the reason behind was because the two SIM cards were activated at the same time and that short circuited my process. I was super upset and disappointed.

This kind of SIM card activation is not rocket science and it took starhub more than 24 hrs to try to solve the problem. Is there something wrong with the training for the technical staff doing SIM card activation?
How come this process take more than 24hrs to resolve?

Last but not least, please scrap the platinum club concepts if it cannot live up to customer 's expectations.

The company has been in this business for more than a decade and still cannot get these simple processes right...very disappointing.

Responses

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

8 y ago

Hi Badegg

Apologies for any inconveniences caused. Would you mind dropping me a Private Message with your NRIC/FIN so that I can check further on this?

Thank you.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

8 y ago

Thanks v much for the reply, Darrell.

My micro SIM was activated yesterday at ard 4pm plus. 

But then again, it took more than 24hrs.

There is seriously some issues with the company's operation processes.

Maybe you can highlight to your dept head and conduct some reviews.

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

8 y ago

Hi Badegg

Glad to hear that it has been resolved. I will highlight the extended amount of time taken to activate your SIM card to the relevant parties.

Meanwhile, you might also be interested to know that we are rolling out a retail transformation plan to enhance customers’ overall experience with StarHub, including serving customers in the quickest possible time at our shops, starting with the outlets at Plaza Singapura.

Get Started

Get Started