MeiMei's profile

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Dec 5, 2012 11:00 PM

Renewal contract - note 2 (advise pls)

Hi,

(Not sure which board should I post to, so forgive me if i posted it wrongly)

i need assistance on my contract renewal.

the number I'm currently using is under my friend name. I have been using this service for 3 years and would like  to renew my contract by getting Samsung note 2. But my friend travels a lot. So is it possible that i renew the contract without his presence? 

ive checked with the starhub officer, he told me that I can only renew contract by presenting my friend original IC and authorise letter from my friend. As I mentioned earlier, my friend travels a lot, and I can't possibly take the original IC from him. Even when he is around in Singapore, seeing note 2 always out of stock, I dont want to waste his time travelling to the store and end up there's no stock for note 2.

i don't have any problem with starhub so far, so i wish I could continue to use your service. Kindly advice what should I do to renew the contract.

can I present a photocopy of IC instead of the original IC? 

Thank you.

Responses

KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

9 y ago

Hi MeiMei

There is another way which you can do it.

You can ask your friend to visit our Customer Service Centre to transfer the mobile service from him to you. Afterwhich, you can re-contract the mobile service without the need for the authorisation letter and NRIC of your friend.

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

9 y ago

I'm a student pass holder. Do I have to leave in deposit in the course of changing ownership? Is there any charges on top of that?
KaiBoon

StarHub Prepaid

• 

9K Messages

• 

5 Points

9 y ago

Hi MeiMei

For Samsung Galaxy Note II, a deposit of $200 is required. There will also be a charge of $21.40 (w/GST) for the transfer of service.

Get Started

Get Started