Skip to main content
Cheapo

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

Tue, May 14, 2013 8:00 AM

Recontract Voucher

Hi,

I've been a long time customer of Starhub for more than 10 years.

My main mobile subscription (xxxx 0249) contract was expired sometime in January 2013.

I always received discount vouchers from Starhub when any of my mobile subscription is going to expire.

It is almost four months now, and I've yet to receive any re-contract discount voucher from Starhub.

I emailed twice to Starhub requesting for any complimenatry vouchers, and this is what they replied.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We wish to share that StarHub’s recontract voucher is offered depending on the different promotions that we have from time to time. As previously shared, customers who are eligible for our promotion will be notified via channels such as SMS, email or direct mail. In the meantime, please do keep a lookout for our upcoming promotions.

Alternatively, you may wish to refer to our exclusive Online Shop deals at http://www.starhub.com/shoponline/bestdeal.html?t=mobile or check out this weekend's local newspapers for current handset promotions.

Should you have any further queries on mobile services, please e-mail us at this address or fax in to (+65) 6720 5000. We will be glad to assist you."

Is this how Starhub value their customers, especially when I also a Hubber. As a Hubber member, If I'm not eligible for the so-called time to time promotion, then what's the purpose of being a Hubber member?
Any new subscriber can also view Online Shop or checkout weekend local newspapers for latest offer, so what is the difference between me and them? Really sad knowing that this is how Starhub treating us, Hubber.

Responses

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi All

Please allow me to clarify on the re-contract voucher. The re-contract voucher is offered to qualified customers based on one of our current promotions. Our promotions may change from time to time. In terms of customer eligibility for re-contract vouchers, certain factors are taken into consideration. Customers who are eligible for our promotion will be notified via channels such as SMS, email or direct mail. In the meantime, please do keep a lookout for our upcoming promotions.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi KaiBoon,

Thanks for your kind explanation.  Can you look into my case then?

My StarHub account no. is 1.11369320S.

Regards.

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

There are several factors for considersation. Apart from mobile plan, we also look at other factors like tenure, payment record etc.
Home is where the ♥ is
Koalabear

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Kai boon,

Can you let us know which type of customer is eligible to get the re contract voucher ..

I got a friend got her re contract voucher on September which I also called up to request but yet starhub rejected me. My fren mobile plan is not the high tier plan n don think she is hub member too wondering why she is eligible to get..

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi LoyalStarhubber

I will drop you an PM.
Home is where the ♥ is
Koalabear

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Kai boon,

Can u look into my case as well n my account no is 1.11087466T.

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Koalabear

I will drop you a PM shortly.
Home is where the ♥ is

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Its very disappointing to see so many loyal consumer like us sharing the same problem with the recontract voucher, especially so when i just only recently port over all my other 3 lines from other telco to SH, and also has been a hub club member for so many years, who have been paying substantial amount monthly and on time. I believe my request for the recontract voucher is only fair and reasonable given the fact that my contract has expired since Apr, the voucher which ive received earlier this year in Feb, has a expiry date of less than a month upon receipt (i.e. to say i must commit myself to recontract to some random phone which i may not have any interest in order to enjoy the benefit ?).

We couldnt understand your marketing direction in making any exception, given the fact that we were notified with a rejection reply within minutes after the helpful operator who put up the request to the relevant department. I believe this is no way how an organisation should deal/ manage their client. I sincerely urge SH helpful staff to review and reconsider my request for the recontract voucher, even if its just granting extension for the voucher received earlier this year (which has not been used), we would really appreciate that extra miles and goodwill efforts by SH. Thank you.        

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi all,

Care to share the gimmicks/solutions offer by SH after you PM them?

I was only offered free Caller ID, which I am rejecting, and turning to other Telco.

Azaman

Respected Advocate

• 

238 Messages

7 years ago

Hi KokAnn,
You Lucky Been Offer For Free Caller ID.Just Take it Rather than Nothing.Regards Azaman Bin JANTAN.%+)).
Nikman

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Me too. Not worth the stay. It's about time to move on. Try Singtel. They are offering $100 off for new sign up.
kon_sg

Home Networking Expert

• 

804 Messages

7 years ago

Just got a recontract offer from Starhub in my mailbox... Samsung Ace 3, free with any plan... but I was aiming for the Gold 5S

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I myself is starhub subscriber for 8yrs, called the CS with no result. Request to speak to rewards team but CSO say I am not supposed to go through them. Please advised whether am I still eligible for the vouchers? I have not delayed payment for the last 8 yrs.
Nikman

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

When a company is doing better, shouldn't the reward be better ?

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I am also a starhub mobile user for more than 6 years however when i called starhub customer care they said we don't offer mobile voucher anymore but just a month ago my malaysian colleague call up and got a $200 voucher for recontract when he treathened to change telco if he doesn't get any voucher.Must we resort to this kind of tricks just to get a discount?

Get Started

Get Started