Skip to main content
Cheapo

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

Tue, May 14, 2013 8:00 AM

Recontract Voucher

Hi,

I've been a long time customer of Starhub for more than 10 years.

My main mobile subscription (xxxx 0249) contract was expired sometime in January 2013.

I always received discount vouchers from Starhub when any of my mobile subscription is going to expire.

It is almost four months now, and I've yet to receive any re-contract discount voucher from Starhub.

I emailed twice to Starhub requesting for any complimenatry vouchers, and this is what they replied.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We wish to share that StarHub’s recontract voucher is offered depending on the different promotions that we have from time to time. As previously shared, customers who are eligible for our promotion will be notified via channels such as SMS, email or direct mail. In the meantime, please do keep a lookout for our upcoming promotions.

Alternatively, you may wish to refer to our exclusive Online Shop deals at http://www.starhub.com/shoponline/bestdeal.html?t=mobile or check out this weekend's local newspapers for current handset promotions.

Should you have any further queries on mobile services, please e-mail us at this address or fax in to (+65) 6720 5000. We will be glad to assist you."

Is this how Starhub value their customers, especially when I also a Hubber. As a Hubber member, If I'm not eligible for the so-called time to time promotion, then what's the purpose of being a Hubber member?
Any new subscriber can also view Online Shop or checkout weekend local newspapers for latest offer, so what is the difference between me and them? Really sad knowing that this is how Starhub treating us, Hubber.

Responses

rsn

Home Networking Expert

• 

1K Messages

7 years ago

IncTEh,

From what I observe late bill payment is not a factor ( Observation strictly from my group of friends who got vouchers, might not be 100% true).

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi RidzuanBakar

We have receieved your StarHubCares submission and will be replying accordingly.

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi,

I have been subscribing to Starhub's mobile service for more than 10 years. I usually offered re-contract voucher towards the end of every 2 years. This year however, none was offered. Call your call center and was told for 3 days for result but none received.

Please assist.

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Hi..2 of my mobile line contracts are also going to end soon..so far I haven't received any recontract vouchers.

I am also loyal starhub cust with 3 mobile lines, tv and internet and willing to stay with starhub.

I also noticed that since june my bills were not been discounted for being a hubber.
Koalabear

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

i am encounter the same issue.

i am with starhub for more than 10years but recently I was disappointed with starhub as I had appeal my loyalty voucher for twice and was rejected.I used to have 3 mobile phone line, 1 home phone line , max online broadband and cable tv ...but after various offer been turn down.My husband has decided to switch telcos.

Wondering why star hub refused to gv me loyalty voucher, are they going to give up more customers due to their expanding business. Pls assist to look into this matter.

Thks and regards

joanne

Azaman

Respected Advocate

• 

238 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Koalabear,

Starhub Will Check Your Account Detail.If Everything Ok you will  be eligible for the recontract voucher .Starhub CSO will Contact You By SMS,E-Mail Or Direct Call To You.Regards AZAMAN BIN JANTAN.

Koalabear

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi azaman,

Thanks for yr prompt reply n awaiting for yr updates.

Regards
Joanne
Nikman

Honored Commentator

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

Same goes for me. 12 years and counting with Starhub. Still waiting for my other 2 lines and Starhub TV to end before switching over. Terribly disappointed with Starhub.

Azaman

Respected Advocate

• 

238 Messages

7 years ago

HI CHEW N KOALABEAR,
F.Y.I THE RE-CONTRACT VOUCHER IS OFFERED TO QUALIFIED CUSTOMERS ON ONE OF STARHUB CURRENT PROMOTION.STARHUB PROMOTIONS MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME IN TERMS OF CUSTOMERS ELIGIBILITY FOR THE RE-CONTRACT VOUCHERS.CERTAIN FACTORS ARE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION CUSTOMERS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THEIR PROMOTION WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA CHANNELS SUCH AS SMS,E-MAIL OR DIRECT MAIL.REGARDS AZAMAN BIN JANTAN.

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi Starhub customer service officers,

Good Evening

My contract at Oct 5 2013 is full 21months.
I would like to request for a $100 recontract voucher as I did for previous 2 re-contracts. Please Kindly to proceed my request.

Thanks and have a nice day

Regards,
Chew
Koalabear

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi azaman,

I hope starhub can take into consideration of my concern.

Wondering why Singtel can do it yet starhub can't...

Esteemed Commentator

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

K*****.  I am also a loyal starhubber since 2006 till now.  Just completed my 24 month of mobile contract and intended to carry on since I wanted to show my appreciation that I like StarHub services.  Previously, they used to offer $100 handphone voucher for recontracting.  Just recently, I requested that they offered the same treatment and they came out crap like "Sorry, I regret to inform that the PROMOTIONAL PERIOD is over... hence...".

So may I kindly ask whether does it pay to be a LOYAL customer??? *&%#$

Jason1978

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Well well, seems like SH is having lots of issues.
Anyway, having been a loyal SH Cus ever since I rod from the army more than 10years ago, and have been a Platinium member, a HUBBER and heck, I even asked my sis n mum to change telco to SH....
I have decided to move on.
Period.
Recently I was so fed up with SH that I refused to pay my past bill (about $600 for 2mths, mind you!)and cancelled the lines I have. I returned the set up box for cable TV and cancelled the internet.
Now I am happy. Why? Cos the guys in orange gave me a very good discount for their services.
If anyone wants to change telco I would recommend the guys in orange instead of green. Cos their service sucks. Big time. Dun care about long time Cus, only care about new sign ups.
So, up yours.
Bye bye green men. Hello to helpful orange men.
As for the remaining 600, green guys will get over it. After all, net profit so high last year, can pay off my bad debts. Hahaha!
Jason1978

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Oh yes, the orange pple said their offer renew their contract will include a $500 voucher for the same type of plan I used to have.
That says something isn't it?

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I am also decided to switch after SH offered me only just free caller id to recontract my 2 lines. I will also not recontract my other line, tv and cable once its contracts end.

Im very disappointed with SH.

Let's all switch everyone.

Get Started

Get Started