Skip to main content
Cheapo

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

Tue, May 14, 2013 8:00 AM

Recontract Voucher

Hi,

I've been a long time customer of Starhub for more than 10 years.

My main mobile subscription (xxxx 0249) contract was expired sometime in January 2013.

I always received discount vouchers from Starhub when any of my mobile subscription is going to expire.

It is almost four months now, and I've yet to receive any re-contract discount voucher from Starhub.

I emailed twice to Starhub requesting for any complimenatry vouchers, and this is what they replied.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We wish to share that StarHub’s recontract voucher is offered depending on the different promotions that we have from time to time. As previously shared, customers who are eligible for our promotion will be notified via channels such as SMS, email or direct mail. In the meantime, please do keep a lookout for our upcoming promotions.

Alternatively, you may wish to refer to our exclusive Online Shop deals at http://www.starhub.com/shoponline/bestdeal.html?t=mobile or check out this weekend's local newspapers for current handset promotions.

Should you have any further queries on mobile services, please e-mail us at this address or fax in to (+65) 6720 5000. We will be glad to assist you."

Is this how Starhub value their customers, especially when I also a Hubber. As a Hubber member, If I'm not eligible for the so-called time to time promotion, then what's the purpose of being a Hubber member?
Any new subscriber can also view Online Shop or checkout weekend local newspapers for latest offer, so what is the difference between me and them? Really sad knowing that this is how Starhub treating us, Hubber.

Responses

famasutika

Honored Contributor

• 

27 Messages

7 years ago

I experienced the same thing  as well. Being the royal customers for the past 4-5 years. Called up Customer Service and was being told that Starhub won't offer me any complimentary voucher. I am a Hubber too, but I've never receive any complimentary voucher so far.

Instead, was being told to offer me a FOC new shared line, but offer expiring in 30 Sep. Wanted to get an iPhone 5S with 16GB, but unfortunately it's running out of stock recently. I'm stucked now as wanted to take up the FOC new shared line offerings, but there don't allow to extend this offering beyond 30 Sep, or iPhone 5S reservation so that I could recontract my line first with the FOC new shared line, but getting the phone later.

Frustrated man.....

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi famasutika

Kindly drop me a Private Message with your NRIC and account number and I will check on the voucher for you.
Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi KokAnn

Do drop me a Private Message with your NRIC and account number. I will check on this for you.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

It seems that a lot of people are experiencing the same issue with the recontract voucher.

Although I am a hub club member with 3 mobile lines, I also experienced the same issue.

I called the help-desk last week and they refused to give any voucher where they had given me previously.

Is Darrell able to assist me on this issue?

Thank you.

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hello,

If you may, I have also stopped receiving contract voucher and thus I managed to come to this post.

Previously I received a voucher saying if I recontract a certain phone ( which were outdated ) without like 1 week I wouldn't have to pay anything. Like it is not even a deal.

I have 3 mobile phone line, internet and tv. Maybe you all can help me check if I deserve a voucher as well? 

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

hi bro , i was kinda used to be happy with starhub but ... i m been noticing whenever i wanna recontract my fri all hve 100 dollar voucher or 200 dollar voucher ... for me when i asked wherethere is there any voucher , they can't make any decision so i used to end up with normal recontract with full of disspointment .... i have asked my sis to convert to start hub from singtel ... also didn't get any privillage , i wanted to ask my dad to convert but now i m considering cos at least he got some voucher from sintel ... so i told him better don't ....  hope i get some response from you ... thanks bro 

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

It seems that I am not the onlly customer who is having this problem.

been a Hub Club member for very long time.

Early this month, my mobile line has reached the 21st month of its contract, and I was going to get a new phone from a recontract. I have requested for a recontract voucher, but my request has been rejected. It was the first time I have this problem. To my surprise my sister who just joined as a hubber receive the voucher. I am quite disappointed that starhub does not value loyal customer instead keeping the new customer.

I think it makes no different from other telcos as I can use my corporate account to get cheaper on other telcos.

Since I will no longer be a hubber, I will also considering of canceling my starhub TV and internet as Viewquest seems to be my next choice as I heard many of my friends having great reviews on it since it match the same price and faster bandwidth.

I hope that Starhub will be able to show more appreciation to your loyal customers, and look into my request again.

Thank you.

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

no one is going to handle this thread?

Azaman

Respected Advocate

• 

238 Messages

7 years ago

Hi hubber_john,

F.Y.I My Request for recontract Voucher also Been Rejected By Starhub!!!.I Think No Point  Being A Loyal Starhub Customer NowDays!Why Can'T Starhub Be Fair,Honest And Truthful to His Customers? Gentle Reminder To Starhub,Pls Don'T Dissapointed Your Loyal Customers Starhub.Be Considerate ANd Make Your Customers Happy That's AllSmiley IndifferentRegards AZAMAN BIN JANTAN.

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi hubber_john

Kindly drop me a Private Message with your NRIC and account number. I will check on this for you.

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The 6 months caller ID is not going to help much, and even so it does not benefit loyal hubbers who had been there for years. my friend have received 100 dollars hub vouchers, yet we are only getting caller id offset, totally unfair.
Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi JakerLim and KimiKim

I have received your PMs and will be replying accordingly.

Thank you.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have faced this exact same issues as well, first my wife (who was with starhub for 10 years) was not given any e-voucher early this year, now after I requested for voucher twice, it was been rejected!

I am happy with Starhub, and just wana continue with their services (Hubber), since they offer discounts and its easier to keep everything under one telco.

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm facing the same problem too. A few weeks ago, I have called starhub to check recontract eligibility and asking about recontract e-voucher. I was told that to call after 26 September 2013 as I'm only eligibility to recontract on that day. Just now I called to starhub and asking about recontract e-voucher but I was told that there is no more issuing such voucher. What's a disappointment as a loyal user of Starhub. I have been using Starhub about 5 years. I have received e-voucher in every recontract. Can anyone help to solve this issue?

IncTEh

Android™ Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

From what I understand, the vouchers is issued on case by case basis. They check if you are late in any bill payment and many other factors which I am unsure of. You can also send your details to any of the CSO here for them to check for you.

Get Started

Get Started