Skip to main content
Cheapo

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

Tue, May 14, 2013 8:00 AM

Recontract Voucher

Hi,

I've been a long time customer of Starhub for more than 10 years.

My main mobile subscription (xxxx 0249) contract was expired sometime in January 2013.

I always received discount vouchers from Starhub when any of my mobile subscription is going to expire.

It is almost four months now, and I've yet to receive any re-contract discount voucher from Starhub.

I emailed twice to Starhub requesting for any complimenatry vouchers, and this is what they replied.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We wish to share that StarHub’s recontract voucher is offered depending on the different promotions that we have from time to time. As previously shared, customers who are eligible for our promotion will be notified via channels such as SMS, email or direct mail. In the meantime, please do keep a lookout for our upcoming promotions.

Alternatively, you may wish to refer to our exclusive Online Shop deals at http://www.starhub.com/shoponline/bestdeal.html?t=mobile or check out this weekend's local newspapers for current handset promotions.

Should you have any further queries on mobile services, please e-mail us at this address or fax in to (+65) 6720 5000. We will be glad to assist you."

Is this how Starhub value their customers, especially when I also a Hubber. As a Hubber member, If I'm not eligible for the so-called time to time promotion, then what's the purpose of being a Hubber member?
Any new subscriber can also view Online Shop or checkout weekend local newspapers for latest offer, so what is the difference between me and them? Really sad knowing that this is how Starhub treating us, Hubber.

Responses

topgann

Valued Contributor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

@Amy_Law wrote:

@Hi @ topgann, we certainly will miss you if you leave. Do let us know if we can change your mind. - Amy

Spoke to Starhub CSO at 1633 and was told that $50 voucher would be offered. Thanks but no thanks.  So much for loyalty.

I asked next why was there no reminder about recontract eligibility and why was the voucher not sent like in the past. I was told that this is handled by the CRS (Client Relationship Services) and they have no idea. Okay...

Further, while my lines are out-of-contract, Starhub has adjusted the subscriptions of the two lines to full rates.  Seems like the message is very clear: we don't want you...

zanxiang

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Hi , possible to check for me also ? My account no is  . I've been using starhub telecom for more than 10 yrs. My contract is ending in few day times but I didn't receive any voucher too,

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @ zanxiang

Sure. We've removed your account number as this is a public forum.

Send me your NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and e-mail via Private Message and I'll be in touch. 

- Amy
zanxiang

Trusted Commentator

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the $50 voucher offer for using starhub for 14 years and paying my bills on time through giro every mths. Its really make a big difference in my final bills. Why would I get lesser data per mth and pay more $ despite being a loyal customer for so long?

Signing a S8+ handset 4G3 plan
= 42.90 + 5.35 ( caller ID ) + 10.70 (1 time charge ) x 24 MTHS = 1168.7
Phone S8+ = $889
Total = 1168.7 + 889 = 2057 (3 GB data per mth

Phone S8+ without contract = $1000
other telecom $30 x 24 mths = $720
Total = $1720 ( 6-7 GB data per mth ) , free caller ID

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi I have received a recontract voucher but I am outstationed for a month and just opened the mail today to see it expiring today . Can I request some help to extend it for another month ? Thanks

Amy_Law

Alumni (Retired)

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hi @ teechuan

Please send me your NRIC/FIN number, account details, contact number and e-mail via Private Message and I'll see what I can do.

- Amy

Get Started

Get Started