Skip to main content
Cheapo

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

Tue, May 14, 2013 8:00 AM

Recontract Voucher

Hi,

I've been a long time customer of Starhub for more than 10 years.

My main mobile subscription (xxxx 0249) contract was expired sometime in January 2013.

I always received discount vouchers from Starhub when any of my mobile subscription is going to expire.

It is almost four months now, and I've yet to receive any re-contract discount voucher from Starhub.

I emailed twice to Starhub requesting for any complimenatry vouchers, and this is what they replied.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We wish to share that StarHub’s recontract voucher is offered depending on the different promotions that we have from time to time. As previously shared, customers who are eligible for our promotion will be notified via channels such as SMS, email or direct mail. In the meantime, please do keep a lookout for our upcoming promotions.

Alternatively, you may wish to refer to our exclusive Online Shop deals at http://www.starhub.com/shoponline/bestdeal.html?t=mobile or check out this weekend's local newspapers for current handset promotions.

Should you have any further queries on mobile services, please e-mail us at this address or fax in to (+65) 6720 5000. We will be glad to assist you."

Is this how Starhub value their customers, especially when I also a Hubber. As a Hubber member, If I'm not eligible for the so-called time to time promotion, then what's the purpose of being a Hubber member?
Any new subscriber can also view Online Shop or checkout weekend local newspapers for latest offer, so what is the difference between me and them? Really sad knowing that this is how Starhub treating us, Hubber.

Responses

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Fantastic. Loyalty doesn't really mean anything in 2013. There are only 3 telcos in Singapore, so I guess we have to suits ourselves then.

Respected Commentator

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I just call the Starhub CS, about my Recontract Voucher.

and guess what , thay said no more voucher for recontract.

All the time i always have for my recontract voucher.

This case make me see other provider, because to me like no other different between recontract or new customer.

@Darrell, i have sent you PM about this.

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi tikerye

Could you drop me a Private Message with your NRIC/FIN and account number? I will check on this for you.
Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi DevyA

I have received your PM and will be replying you accordingly.

Thank you.

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hello?

My hub contract is going to expire mar 2014 and I'm evaluating a package(3 mobiles, tv & broadband) deal for my family from 3 local telecom service providers.  Being a long time existing starhub customer, I would like to know whether I would get any recontract voucher or promotion offer.

Eric

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi erichosk

Kindly drop me a Private Message with your NRIC/FIN and account number. I will check on this for you.
tikerye

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Sad to say, they can only offer a one month subscription waiver.

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Yup, so no point pm to him. if you are not happy just be the churn customer. I will be leaving as soon as my contracts end.

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Being a long time customer of sh, sh only offered me free caller id for 12 months for my 3 lines. This only happened when I asked for it on this forum. I regret to inform sh that I won't be recontracting as sh doesn't value long time customer. I will switch over to another telecom for my 3 mobile lines, cable tv and broadband in march 2014. Goodbye sh!

FelixLow

Valued Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

With Starhub for so many years. Got HubClub many years too. Got an expired mobile voucher of $50 only for one of my lines which I chose not to renew. I also got mobile broadband & also got total 3 mobile phone lines. I wrote in to ask for a $100 voucher, but was rejected. This line i ported in from Singtel, but I dont think you are interested for me to stay on for another many years ahead as I am a fan of Starhub.

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi,

I am also facing similar issues with the others who complained about the service and attention received from Starhub regarding recontract vouchers. I called the customer service hotline recently, and the lady was nice and polite and told me that she would request for a voucher for me and to wait for a confirmation sms. I understand that it is not her fault that I still did not receive any complientary vouchers, but I hope that someone will be able to assist me on this.

I have been holding onto this line for almost 10 years; system probably reflects as only four as I was made to do a transfer of ownership as the line had to be under my name to enjoy the student promotion. Prior to that, the line was under my mom's name. And yet, the request was rejected.

It is rather upsetting to find that after using this line and service for almost 10 years, I am still unable to get a recontract voucher automatically. Four years ago, I managed to get a recontract voucher, two years back I did not, because the person told me that Starhub no longer gave out recontract vouchers, and I actually believed him and dropped the issue and still did a recontract with Starhub despite not receiving any vouchers. I hope that this time someone will be able to help me with a recontract voucher.

Thank you!

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi All

If you require any further assistance, please drop us your details over at bit.ly/StarHubQuery.

Thanks.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is
FelixLow

Valued Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hi KaiBoon,

I already emailed again. I do not think it will make a difference, but I crossed my fingers that miracle will happen. Haha.Smiley Very Happy

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Will I get 3000 points if I recontract my hubbing services?

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hello, My contract getting end of the 2 April 2014. I had been stay will Starhubs for four year and i don't get any voucher as well. All my colleagues and friend who stayed with the starhubs getting the 100 voucher and why i not getting voucher? Please help to investigate and get back to me ASAP

Get Started

Get Started