Skip to main content
Cheapo

Trusted Commentator

• 

7 Messages

Tue, May 14, 2013 8:00 AM

Recontract Voucher

Hi,

I've been a long time customer of Starhub for more than 10 years.

My main mobile subscription (xxxx 0249) contract was expired sometime in January 2013.

I always received discount vouchers from Starhub when any of my mobile subscription is going to expire.

It is almost four months now, and I've yet to receive any re-contract discount voucher from Starhub.

I emailed twice to Starhub requesting for any complimenatry vouchers, and this is what they replied.

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We wish to share that StarHub’s recontract voucher is offered depending on the different promotions that we have from time to time. As previously shared, customers who are eligible for our promotion will be notified via channels such as SMS, email or direct mail. In the meantime, please do keep a lookout for our upcoming promotions.

Alternatively, you may wish to refer to our exclusive Online Shop deals at http://www.starhub.com/shoponline/bestdeal.html?t=mobile or check out this weekend's local newspapers for current handset promotions.

Should you have any further queries on mobile services, please e-mail us at this address or fax in to (+65) 6720 5000. We will be glad to assist you."

Is this how Starhub value their customers, especially when I also a Hubber. As a Hubber member, If I'm not eligible for the so-called time to time promotion, then what's the purpose of being a Hubber member?
Any new subscriber can also view Online Shop or checkout weekend local newspapers for latest offer, so what is the difference between me and them? Really sad knowing that this is how Starhub treating us, Hubber.

Responses

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Ya, this is really disappointing.

I have been with starhub when they just came in Singapore during 1998, and I have being getting recontact voucher ranges from $200 - $300 from my pervious recontact as I am a high end user.

But still I did not get any recontact voucher this time when I called up the customer services.

In fact, I was very disappointed with Starhub when they disconnected my data roaming twice when I was on 2 separate business trips.

The only voucher I got this time was a $50 voucher to sign up for a S4 within a time frame.

I beleive the only way I can show my disappovement is to move onto a different service provider.

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Jav

Kindly drop me a Private Message with your NRIC and account number and I will check on this for you.

Thank you.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Darrell,

I have PM you my particulars.

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi Jav

I have received your PM and will follow up accordingly.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi

Both my parents and I are facing the same problem as Seitou.

We had been using Starhub since they came into Singapore.

My mom is a hubber with at least 3 mobile plans, cable TV, broadband and house phone.

While my dad's plan is under the premium contract.

We had received a letter stating that we can enjoy an exclusive offer of $50 off and get a free accessories pack when we recontract and purchase Samsumg Galaxy S4 before 06 Sep 2013.

We thought this was a great deal especially with $50 OFF (normally we did not even receive any vouchers)

But as my parents were out of town, we are unable to purchase this offer.

Upon my parents returned, we tried calling the customer service hotline to explain our situation and to extend the validity. A total of 3 calls were made (07 Sep 2013 to 12 Sep 2013)

07 Sep: CSO 1 mentioned no such thing of extending the offer.

09 Sep: CSO 2 mentioned OK to extend offer, they will SMS my dad's mobile number.

Waited till 12Sep, no response from Starhub.

12Sep: CSO 3 mentioned no such offer and there is nothing she can do.

We felt that we had been fooled around.

My parents are thinking to change all their contracts to other service providers.

Extending the letter for us to purchase the S4 with the exclusive offer, is that so difficult?

After reading through some discussion here, I seriously think that Starhub doesnt care about LONG TERM USERS. They are just focusing on new contracts.

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi JasmineGoh

Could you drop me a Private Message with the main subscribers NRIC and account number? I will look into this for you.

Senior Commentator

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

My family is facing the same issue as Seitou and JasmineGoh. My father has been a Hub Club member for more than ten years, with five mobile services registered under his address.

Early this month, my mobile line has reached the 21st month of its contract, and I am thinking of doing a recontract and getting a new phone. I have requested for a recontract voucher, but my request has been rejected. I have used this mobile line for about ten years, and was never late in paying my bills.

I hope that Starhub will be able to show more appreciation to your loyal customers, and look into my request again.

Thank you.

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just called the starhub helpdesk to request for my recontract voucher. He said I'm eligible for only $50 voucher and when I told him that almost 2 years ago I was given $100 recontract voucher and why the drop in value now? His reply to me was that I am very lucky to receive this voucher and not everyone who can recontract are eligible for the voucher. Is this true? I do not want the helpdesk to cook up some story just because I asked for the same voucher value and he is reluctant to give.

Valued Commentator

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Darrell,

I had PM the particulars to you.

Hope to hear good news from you soon.

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Can please also help me if I'm eligible for a Starhub voucher? 

KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi R0yalcards

I have replied your PM.
========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi can I enquire about my eligibilty for a re-contract voucher here? Been with Starhub since the beginning.

p.s. the reception at my home has been almost non-existence for the longest time. Can you guys do something about it? Been missing a lot of business calls. Might consider to change telco if this persist. I'm loyal, but I need business to carry on being loyal.
KaiBoon

Hub Master

• 

9K Messages

7 years ago

I have received your PM. Will take it further with you from there.

========================================
Home is where the ♥ is

New Commentator

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm having the same problem too when I called to check for the recontract voucher, the customer service said they discontinued this voucher.... I have been getting Starhub Voucher for my past 2-3 recontracts... My contract is ending soon. Anyway to request the recontract voucher?

Darrell

Alumni (Retired)

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi iamlazyworm

Kindly drop me a Private Message with your NRIC and account number. I will check on this for you.

Get Started

Get Started